Aftermarket full exhaust and breathing mods

Yella Fella

Hi looking for high flow cats, y pipe and exhaust. Preferably nismo and something that sounds nice by does not drone on motorways etc. Still reading up if I need to get after market manifold or not

Looking for some sort of induction kit like a pop charger

I hope you have a big budget. Nismo Cat back exhaust will cost you about £1300 and HFC's about £400, Pop Charger should be able to to had for about £125.

:pmtarmac: and CS and they should be able to help you out with prices :thumbs:

Or snap up the Stillen intake thats for sale on here...

...to second the above, Nismo, HFCs, spacer plus the uprev to make it worth the while is going to set you back in the region of £2k - and no, its very unlikely any of this kit is going second hand, very rare to see it on here!

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm assuming DE is the post 2006 313 models and onwards?

Is the upRev required once those mods are on, I've heard a lot about said mod so will read up more, sounds like honda's kpro

Is an uprated manifold required in the mix too?

DE is pre 2006

The Zed ecu will normalise the mods so that they turn out the same BHP regardless so you will not feel any change with the mods attached without an uprev.

A plenum spacer (your manifold suggestion) is a cheap mod if you are doing uprev on the DE engine, motordyne and Horsham Developments on here do them also there is a company called Skunk that do them although not seen a Zed with one on. I went Motordyne :thumbs:

DE is pre 2006

The Zed ecu will normalise the mods so that they turn out the same BHP regardless so you will not feel any change with the mods attached without an uprev.

A plenum spacer (your manifold suggestion) is a cheap mod if you are doing uprev on the DE engine, motordyne and Horsham Developments on here do them also there is a company called Skunk that do them although not seen a Zed with one on. I went Motordyne :thumbs:

So DE engine is any pre 2006 models then? Just getting my head around it... and it's not an actual manifold but a plenum spacer? I'm a bit confused about having the additional upper plenum too.

As long as the mods won't damage the engine in terms of over/under fueling then I'll be fine until I get the uprev done.

So DE engine is any pre 2006 models then? Just getting my head around it... and it's not an actual manifold but a plenum spacer? I'm a bit confused about having the additional upper plenum too.

As long as the mods won't damage the engine in terms of over/under fueling then I'll be fine until I get the uprev done.

DE = single intake, HR = twin intakes.

If you're looking to go down the power route just a performance filter in the OEM airbox will give best results once mapped. Things like pop chargers, CAI etc are more for show and noise, and can suffer from power loss, heat soak or in the(rare, but can happen) case of long tube intakes (e.g. mounted behind lower bumper) water being taken into the engine leading to bigger problems :thumbs:

Are you talking about the exhaust headers that attach to the engine or the actual upper plenum?

Upper plenum needs a spacer for gains.

Sorry, yes the exhaust headers :) (always thought that was an American term). Please bear with me, I'm coming from a Honda background so assumed terms were similar.

So the plenum and upper plenum are two different things then? I've seen pics with a plenum space where they remove the top of the engine plate.

DE = single intake, HR = twin intakes.

If you're looking to go down the power route just a performance filter in the OEM airbox will give best results once mapped. Things like pop chargers, CAI etc are more for show and noise, and can suffer from power loss, heat soak or in the(rare, but can happen) case of long tube intakes (e.g. mounted behind lower bumper) water being taken into the engine leading to bigger problems :thumbs:

Oh the dreaded hydro lock malarky, yeah that was a sore subject in the Honda Integra scene, I personally never had an issue for 4 years, I just purposely avoided huge puddles etc as the AEM CAI sat next the driver side wheel arch!

Are there longer versions of the induction kit, I do like noise hence if I can get a long arm variant or even have (if they do them) GruppeM versions for the 350Z.

Lower plenum tends not to be fettled with too much but a plenum spacer and later an uprev will give you some nice gains as it lifts space on the bottom 2 chambers to improve the air flow (engine is 'slanted' so it could be squeezed in!).

Not really heard people talk too much about chaning the exhaust manifolds - you can get some shiny cheapo ones off ebay but the Berks tend to be the mod of choice for power out of the zorst.

Again do all your mods first then do the uprev.

Sorry, yes the exhaust headers :) (always thought that was an American term). Please bear with me, I'm coming from a Honda background so assumed terms were similar.

As Paul said, not too many people look at doing manifolds due to possible labour costs/time (can be done with engine in, but easier with it out), so most will go with hi-flow cats.

Are there longer versions of the induction kit, I do like noise hence if I can get a long arm variant or even have (if they do them) GruppeM versions for the 350Z.

AEM do a decent CAI.IIRC Stew has the AEM CAI along with DC sports exhaust. Sounds :cloud9:

Hi mate,

The stillen intake should be with you early next week.

If your interested ive got my Tanabe medalion touring system for sale in this link:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=64311

and also a y-pipe here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=64310

I also have a motordyne plenum spacer available for £130, ill put an advert up for that shortly

Stuart

I've got 370 headers, Berks (iirc!) XYZ and Nismo on the exhaust side. It's nice and quiet cruising, no drone at all but (for me) a bit too conspicuous when hitting the skinny pedal.

I strongly recommend getting a ride in a few cars with different set ups to see what you like. It's a big outlay to be disappointed with! I'm happy with mine but, I certainly wouldn't mind something a bit quieter (should've listened to Abbey when they recommended the Miltek!!)

I've got 370 headers, Berks (iirc!) XYZ and Nismo on the exhaust side. It's nice and quiet cruising, no drone at all but (for me) a bit too conspicuous when hitting the skinny pedal.

I strongly recommend getting a ride in a few cars with different set ups to see what you like. It's a big outlay to be disappointed with! I'm happy with mine but, I certainly wouldn't mind something a bit quieter (should've listened to Abbey when they recommended the Miltek!!)

Nismo a lot louder with hfc's then? I would love that sound :D though I'm sure milltek/invidia sound similar?

Nismo a lot louder with hfc's then? I would love that sound :D though I'm sure milltek/invidia sound similar?

Even the stock exhaust sounds good with HFCs but my intake noise was drowning out the exhaust noise in the cabin so I wanted something a bit louder. I expect the Nismo with stock cats would sound quite nice!