Stone chips!

hawker1986

Hi all,

I'm sure this topic has been done before to death but my search skills seem to be failing me. I was wondering what people are doing about stone chips in the front bumper? I've been out on a few runs and have noticed some more and want my zed to stay looking good.

Advice much appreciated,

Thanks

Hawker

Many thanks guys,

Presumably I would need to get the chips that are already there sorted before applying the venture shield or else theyll still be visible under it anyway. In which case I think ill let it get worse before I do anything with it.

Hawker

Have it repainted yearly :blush::lol:

Seriously, this.

You can either touch them up after every single drive, slowly working your way into insanity, or you could just get the front bumper resprayed for a couple of hundred quid every year or so.

Yeah you'd need a respray before applying VS. I've got a new bumper going on so thats the only reason I'm thinking of doing it. Previous bumper had 8 years worth of stone chips on it and it wasn't bad until you got fairly close. I think I'll just respray every 12 months as sods law I'll pay to get VS and then something big will ping up off the road and need a respray and new vinyl :thumbdown:

So how olds the car and how bad are the stone chips ???

If every single one bugs you,you have to respray and never use the car again.

Just get it sprayed every 3 or 4 years. Other than never use the car,there is no way to stop getting them. (if you put fancy film on it you'll also inspect that every time you wash it :shrug: )

I was planning on getting a mobile paint guy around to deal with them (and look at removing my key mark)....

hopefully wont be too expensive but its a constant battle. I will just get them touched up every 6 months or so

Well im not unrealistic about the situation I know I cant keep the thing pristine and use it at the same time. I was thinking I might just do a touch up run round and then have them machine polished to even out the finish. But equally ive never tried anything like that and dont know what sort of results ill end up with. Equally I could just do resprays but I always worry about colour matching with the resprays and that it might look completely wrong and worse than it was before - but again ive not got any experience of that either personally :(

Hawker