18" Tyre choices

Mikesding

First off, I have read every sticky in here and read a few topics around the forum and its left me a bit confused.

I also read this: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Nissan/350z.htm - which seems to highlight cheaper tyres; cant help but think its maybe because most of the reviews are for FWD cars.

Anyway my problem is that I don't have the biggest budget for tyres, but I don't want to constantly feel like im going to slip off the road.

My car currently has Bridgestone RE050A's, the rears are ready to be replaced, but the fronts have still got quite a bit of grip.

The choices im thinking of are:

1) Buy some part-worn RE050As for the rear tyres - never done this before, are they safe or a good choice?

2) Buy all four tyres in a cheaper brand, maybe go back to the bridgestones in the future when I have a bit more disposable cash to replace the rears.

3) Accept that I need to buy brand new Bridgestones...

What do you think?

Depends on your budget, I know you said it isn't the biggest, but thats all relative. £400ish should get you 4 new Falken fk452's or 2 new RE050A's. Personally i'd go for the 4 new Falken's.

If you're happy with the 050As, I'd stick with them. Two rears will be cheaper than a whole new set of budget tyres.

452s are being phased out now anyway (thank god), but have noticeably less grip and feel in all conditions than the 050As. Still better than super cheapy tyres, though.

Vredestien Ultrac Sessanta are miles better than the 452s, and are only a fraction more expensive. They're a no-brainer at that end of the market if you do decide to replace all four tyres. :)

I ran Falkens on mine without any problems at all and so do many others. They were £500 a set when I bought the last lot. However, as you only need 2 tyres, and are happy with the Bridgestones id be tempted to go for them. Then, when all 4 need replacing at the same time, maybe look at other options then.