Is a Zed that uneconomical?

spursmaddave

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the sense that on a mostly low mileage commute that sort of average is comparable to most "family" saloons petrol or diesel. Our FR doesn't get beyond 30mpg on my particular commute, the 70 comes pretty close.

RX8 for example, 1.3lt, 2.6lt swept capacity, 231 BHP equaled 16mpg or less. Our old Accord, 2.0 nothing fancy petrol was a low 20's figure, so the 70 is up there with the burb mobile's.

So in conclusion, superb for a car running well over 300bhp! 3.7 and relatively heavy :thumbs:, not average ;)

So I guess a 3.8 with 385bhp and gets 30mpg on low runs would be absolutely out of this world then ;):lol:

I'd still say that's average for a thirsty V6 in this day and age. I didn't mean my original comment to sound disparaging, I meant it as a compliment rather than a slight. I'd expect repmobiles to be getting over 40mpg on a run like that, but I'd also expect them to be diesels. Is your FR a petrol then? The twincharged one?

I was impressed with my SC'd Zed at the weekend. I drove from my house to Newquay (370 miles) on one tank of petrol!! I never normally get more than 300 on a tank.

I was being very gentle on the throttle (as it was wet most of the journey) but wasn't hanging about once up to speed, still done it in 5.5 hours. :)

Only problem being I was on fumes when I got there and then had to drive another 10 miles out of newquay to find some Super! :rant:

Sorry in advance to the op for digression......

Where did you go for super mr mcgoo? I'm in the Newquay area for a week and just stuck 10 quids worth of 95 in to get me by :angry:

Edit - I found a shell with v-power 10 mins out. Why would the local bp sell diesel ultimate but not petrol ultimate :bangin:

No mate it's a 2l turbo diesel :)

Jeez, that's utterly horrendous then! :scare:

Do you leave it in 1st all the time? ;):lol:

No, but I would be as well too, my commute is only 6 miles, and car is only just getting to temp on arrival which does not bode well for consumption, both ways :)

• 2 weeks later...