MORE BHP.

zebedee8

More power in a zed is an expensive business.

Probably between 7-15k for a complete install depending if it's supercharged or twin turbo.

If you have thumbs and can do the work yourself, you can get a supercharger kit for about 4k.

You'll probably need an UPREV tune which will cost about £300-400.

The cheapest way to get more power is to sell the zed and get something more powerful.

i was only thinking of a few extra horse, :blush:

More power in a zed is an expensive business.

Probably between 7-15k for a complete install depending if it's supercharged or twin turbo.

If you have thumbs and can do the work yourself, you can get a supercharger kit for about 4k.

You'll probably need an UPREV tune which will cost about £300-400.

The cheapest way to get more power is to sell the zed and get something more powerful.

i was only thinking of a few extra horse,

Well FI is still actually the best value if you look at it £/bhp. My £3k worth of bolt on mods and remapping has got me 30bhp, so approx £100/bhp. A vortech kit would cost around £7K fitted and gain you 100bhp, or £70/bhp.

But as others have said, (and has been said many, many times on countless other threads) the zed does not give cheap power, and by far the cheapest way would be to get an Evo instead.

DB

i was only thinking of a few extra horse, :blush:

In that case you need an UPREV tune from one of the traders here.

It will definitely be smoother to drive and you'll probably get a few extra horses :)

Speak to Mark@Abbey Motorsports or Jez@Horsham Developments. I think there's another trader that does UPREV.

The absolutely best thing you can do is buy a specialized polarizing filter gadget. You stick these onto the fuel hoses going to the engine and they polarize all the molecules to align them all perfectly in a lattice just before injection giving you at least 50-60 bhp. Look for them on ebay for around £25.

A Zed is for looks, sounds and enjoyment in the twisties, not for racing off the lights.

Have you actually looked at the speedo when you put your foot down in 3rd, you will be surprised that even though it feels sluggish it certainly isn't ;)

3rd gear at 3.2k my Zed flies and she is an old girl :cloud9:

The absolutely best thing you can do is buy a specialized polarizing filter gadget. You stick these onto the fuel hoses going to the engine and they polarize all the molecules to align them all perfectly in a lattice just before injection giving you at least 50-60 bhp. Look for them on ebay for around £25.

:stir:

Me thinks that is a very good wind up, :thumbs:

:scare:

Where were you when I went and spent all that cash on exhausts and remaps and whatnot???!!!

Could have saved myself thousands and got way more power using this cheap fix rather than doing things properly :cry:

DB

:stir::teeth:

:scare:

Where were you when I went and spent all that cash on exhausts and remaps and whatnot???!!!

Could have saved myself thousands and got way more power using this cheap fix rather than doing things properly :cry:

DB

:stir::teeth:

Another alternative is do some weight saving. Throw out all the mats, etc, plasticky bits in the boot + spare wheel. Then buy yourself some lightened lexus-style rear lights, replace the awful Rays with some proper bo 20 inch x 12 inch wide rears for ultimate grip & traction and then drill a few holes along the length of the exhaust to increase airflow & improve downforce.

Another alternative is do some weight saving. Throw out all the mats, etc, plasticky bits in the boot + spare wheel. Then buy yourself some lightened lexus-style rear lights, replace the awful Rays with some proper bo 20 inch x 12 inch wide rears for ultimate grip & traction and then drill a few holes along the length of the exhaust to increase airflow & improve downforce.

this started well, but then went downhill somewhat! :lol:

to the OP, if you want extra horses from a zed, the tried and tested route is a plenum spacer, high flow cats and an uprev, as the first two are the most restrictive and then the uprev to make everything work optimally.

This has to be a wind up surely ?

aJYix.png

Sarcasm is the lowest form of whit.Sad

aJYix.png