Red Letter Track Days!

chettle

My mrs has bought me one of these red letter days, and ive got a choice, but im unsure which to take!

Ill be doing it at Donnington Park, and have a choice of a Lambo Gallardo, Ferrari 360 , Porka 911 Turbo, Audi R8 or an Aston Vantage

Im a little concerned as i know none of them will be as quick as what my old corsa was (and they wont let you give it beans!) but am being drawn towards the lure of the Aston!

Which would you do?

Donnington is a great track, and as much as I'd normally say go for the Lamborghini I reckon the Fezza, the Audi or the Porker would be far more fun round there. Gallardo will feel too wide (possibly might have the same problem in the 360 to be fair), and the Aston is just far too slow. :)

I've driven a few of them on a similar day. This is how I felt comparing them to each other back to back.

The lambo sounded lush and was a really easy car to drive fast. And the noise.... B)

The 911 (I drove a GT3 so not exactly the same as yours) was a really fun car to drive. Before that day I wasn't ever a fan of Porsches but this changed my opinion on them. Handled and went well, sounded good and quite unique (flat 6?).

If its the V8 vantage, its a proper smart car inside, but to me didn't have as much of a sporty hardcore feel to it. It was still fast and powerful and looks amazing. Felt like a big tourer in the given company. (Would love to own one though!)

The 360 gearbox didn't feel that great, but sounded great and revved up to about 9k I think. Looking down at the rev counter and seeing the Ferrari logo there is a great feeling though!

And although I didn't drive one, surely the R8 is just an uglier Gallardo right? :p

For that special supercar experience, its gotta be the Lambo :thumbs:

You should NEVER need to ask this. EVER.

If you don't know already then you load up vids of each on YouTube. Whichever you go tingly at is the one you drive.

It is 100% ruled by the heart. :D

It's not buying a house to raise a family in. It's picking a car to thrash round a track for a few minutes. You want smiles per minute not a fricken utility room and 'substantial fourth bedroom'.

I did one of these years back, but actually drove a selection on the day. Usual conditions applied, change gear here, follow this line etc, etc. It's a driving 'experience', not a 'track' drive.

Anyway, I sh1t you not, the only one I got out of with a smile on my face was 'El Diablo'. For a few minutes of pure theatre there can be only one.

:band:

If you don't know already then you load up vids of each on YouTube. Whichever you go tingly at is the one you drive.

It's not buying a house to raise a family in. It's picking a car to thrash round a track for a few minutes. You want smiles per minute not a fricken utility room and 'substantial fourth bedroom'.

+1

R8 for me :shrug:

Would be between the lambo and R8 for me.

The R8 is dubbed by many as one of the most precise and well executed drivers cars to have ever existed.

However the lambo is a bit more bonkers and would tackle your senses a a lot more.

Not that i've ever driven either. If it was a GT3 porka though i would take that hands down

Post to the year TBH