Z bits looking for a good home

Freebits

I used have a 350Z and installed a touch screen NAV in the cubby hole in the centre of the dash. To do this I had to get a replacement housing and I found the original (complete with door) whilst having a clear out over the weekend. I also found a couple of gauges (PSI and Volt) and a couple of rolls of sound deadening material.

I could not bring myself to throw these away so hoping that someone on here will have some use for them. I do not want any money for but do require whoever wants them to come and pick them up - I live is Watford, Herts.

:teeth:

I want the cubby :) Will it fit my HR model? My current door is a bit scratched and the button looks different to the other models.

Nope different interiors. Retractable not available for facelift cars

Retractable cubby's were for the MY03 cars only, and were made for the cars with the sat nav. Non sat nav cars got the normal door.

MY06 cars onwards had sat nav's which had no doors at all meaning the screen was permanently on show.

/geek

I want the cubby :) Will it fit my HR model? My current door is a bit scratched and the button looks different to the other models.

If you have the sat nav then just hold the moon/sun button for 2 seconds to turn it off, much nicer than having a weird door. Not sure what a non-sat nav HR cubby looks like though tbh if you don't.

!!!All gone!!!

Thanks all for your interest - CrustyCrab seems a genuine bloke who hopefully will not eBay these off! :doh:

He only has a need for the cubby and the sound material and he is going to take the gauges to the next meet for me to see if anyone wants to have them...anyone thinking of a turbo conversion maybe?! :thumbs:

I asked for the cubby first :(

Sorry mate, I though you said it wouldn't fit your car? If it does you can have it otherwise it wouldn't be fair for me to take it :thumbs:

Didn't mean to undercut you Clown :blush:

I'm supposed to be getting it this week but if you want to then let me know and I'll step aside... As long as I can still have the sound material if you don't want it?

I remember reading some way back that the fold away cubbys for pre-facelift cars do not fit the facelift cars (although some have 'modified' them to fit but seemingly not too well) and after a bit of digging I found this:

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=4445

But the US forums seem to suggest you can get motorized cubbys for the facelift cars (that do not have the OEM sat nav) - but not sure if anyne over here has done that to a facelift :shrug:

See post 52 on this thread

http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-in ... -is-3.html

So you have not lost out Clown as the item freebits was giving away would not have fitted anyway to yours even though you don't have the OEM sat nav ;)

He didn't actually say what the cubby bit was from but me and CrustyCrab have come to an agreement that he will go and pick it up. If it fits his car then it wouldn't have fit mine anyway, if it was different then he would have left it for me ;)