Spacers and trackdays

Shinjuku

I would check them for normal road driving, and wouldn't do anything over that regardless if I was tracking the car or not. :)

If they come with a torque setting then they should've been done up to that originally, otherwise I'd just use the same setting as the wheel nuts (100ft/lbs IIRC, but check the manual as I could be wrong!).

So is that an ok from you ekona? You wouldd check wheel nuts throughout a day is all im thinking and thats a pain to do with spacers if you need to take the wheels off

I wouldn't check them at all tbh. I would've checked them when they were first put on, and I would've checked them a week later, and then I'd check them every six months or so or whenever I had the wheels off.

Stuff I'd be checking for trackdays would be fluids, tyre pressures, brake pads etc.

Spacers will ruin the feel of the car on track in comparison to running without. Just make sure the spacers are of a good quality as I wouldn't dream of tracking with cheap ones just incase a nut sheered etc

I dont run them at the moment. That means you jack each wheel and torque up after the end of the first session right neil. How do you find that.

That alternative is that I take them off when I put the track wheels on.

Im talking about the normal wheel nuts. I wouldn't run spacers on track

I wouldn't run spacers on track either it messes up the balance when at the limit plus amplifies the wheel bearing loads quite a lot.

I just check my wheel nuts are tight when cold, usually when I arrive at the track. Then don't touch em.