Front tow cover

C.J

Awesome picture that. I dont have one,and was just going to paint the metal bit black to hide it abit better. Where did you get your stick on plate from? I got one from Craigs plates,and it was a pain to stick on,as a result, its lifting already in the middle.

On a side note, that looks like quite a bit of corrosion on the very front near side of the bonnet? Get it down to your local Nissan dealership and put in a warranty claim, it's 12 years on the Zed.

Awesome picture that. I dont have one,and was just going to paint the metal bit black to hide it abit better. Where did you get your stick on plate from? I got one from Craigs plates,and it was a pain to stick on,as a result, its lifting already in the middle.

It's a standard plate, held on with double sided foam pads.

On a side note, that looks like quite a bit of corrosion on the very front near side of the bonnet? Get it down to your local Nissan dealership and put in a warranty claim, it's 12 years on the Zed.

Wow, really? I'll get in touch with them today. Thanks.

I was just told my Nissan, that unless there's corrosion from the inside, and a 'hole' in the bodywork, the warranty can't be used.

If its blistering-up on the outside like that, its most likely that the corrosion has come through from the inside where the skin is crimped to the frame. I would get them to have a look and be a bit forceful with them, otherwise try another dealer...

The Perforation From Corrosion Warranty covers body sheet metal panels which suffer from inside-to-outside perforation from corrosion as a result of defective materials or workmanship. The period for the Perforation From Corrosion Warranty is either 6 or 12 years (depending on the vehicle model) from warranty start date, regardless of mileage driven. Please see the table on page 17 for which applies to your vehicle. This warranty requires that the vehicle is inspected according to the inspection schedule on pages 38-46, and repaired if necessary, by an authorised Nissan dealer.

Technically, they're correct. No hole, no warranty claim.

Clicky

I have something similar on mine, not as bad as that, but a few spots here and there, Nissan dealer agreed with me that it's under warranty and has put the claim in motion. It'll take a long long time though, Nissan HQ are in no hurry to pay out. But I think there are a few members on here who have claimed and got new bonnets because of similar corrosion.

I would be getting back at them and asking them to define what exactly warrants a claim. Are they suggesting the car can corrode and shed all it's paint, but if there is no holes, it's ok?

What you and I and many members have is the earlier stages or corrosion before it eats right through the metal, it's only a matter of time. Besides it doesn't cost the dealer anything, HQ supplies the replacement parts and should be compensating the dealer for any work undertaken.

• 4 weeks later...

I have something similar on mine, not as bad as that, but a few spots here and there, Nissan dealer agreed with me that it's under warranty and has put the claim in motion. It'll take a long long time though, Nissan HQ are in no hurry to pay out. But I think there are a few members on here who have claimed and got new bonnets because of similar corrosion.

I would be getting back at them and asking them to define what exactly warrants a claim. Are they suggesting the car can corrode and shed all it's paint, but if there is no holes, it's ok?

What you and I and many members have is the earlier stages or corrosion before it eats right through the metal, it's only a matter of time. Besides it doesn't cost the dealer anything, HQ supplies the replacement parts and should be compensating the dealer for any work undertaken.

Well, I took my car to Nissan Howden (Brian Leighton Garage) on 14/07/2012. They took photos, and submitted to HQ.

Got a phone call today, the claim has been declined. As there is no hole, they won't cover the repair costs. :angry:

The garage have offered me a repair/respray at £300+vat. As I've got a couple of light scratches here and there, I'm going to get them all touched up too.

Well, I took my car to Nissan Howden (Brian Leighton Garage) on 14/07/2012. They took photos, and submitted to HQ.

Got a phone call today, the claim has been declined. As there is no hole, they won't cover the repair costs. :angry:

The garage have offered me a repair/respray at £300+vat. As I've got a couple of light scratches here and there, I'm going to get them all touched up too.

Good that they got back so quick to you, I'm still waiting. Maybe will take a run down tomorrow morning or something to see how things are going.

Is £360 a good price for a bonnet respray? I'm sure you could get it done somewhere else for cheaper? No?

Blade isnt easy to match. You dont accept it till it looks right. :thumbs: