Carrera GT

sinbad

Went to my local porsche dealer (Bolton) yesterday as i heard they had a Carrera GT in. When i got there it was smack bang in the middle of the show room. What a car!!! B) I was drooling on it. lol. i saw one of these lap Brands Hatch last year and it sounded awesome. All the staff inside where really friendly and chatted to us about the car. It was bought by some guy for £265k (or roundabout cant remember exact number), he didnt have anywhere to store it while he went on vacation and asked the garage if they minded keeping hold of it. Obviously they accepted however they said that when he gets back he is selling it on to someone for £500k!! Thats a hefty sum but i'd keep it.

Managed to get some pics on my phone, if i get chance i'll post them up.

Sweet , get the pics up mate, however id still have the SLR over that for some reason B)

Nah no way :nono:

SLR? :yuck: Give me the Porsche anyday!

(Actually I'd save a few quid and get a Murcie 640. :teeth: )

Id have the GT all day. Cant think why he would get 500k for it though. My friend has the black GT 2005, lucky B@stard, he bought it down when he came to my birthday it looked awesome, was black with yellow brake callipers, Sarnie you would love it. ;) Really nice to sit in too, really nice interior, awesome body shape, sounds fantastic when it starts up, will take a pic of it. And even though its a 5.7 litre V10 its pretty good on fuel but thats Porsche in general. It is worth every penny, even though he didnt get to open it up round my way to much as city roads, it still is mind blowing to sit in. Carbon Fibre galore :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Strangly no, not a thing. I saw one in London the other week and i didnt even batter an eyelid, I thought it was a normal porsche, then saw it and im not convinced. Its just the front is still too much like a 911 and the styling is nothing special.

I live in Standish so not far away.

sl114 - I'm telling you, the build quality, especially the Carbon fibre is amazing. Everything just looks well thought through. Plus the engine! No turbo rubbish either, just a sweet V10. The brakes are just mahoosive!!

0 - 124 mph in 9.9 seconds isn't bad either!

I could be pursuaded to swap my Zed. :teeth:

Sl114 what are they putting in the water up in Borehamwood, id get that checked out, seems to be effecting your taste buds ;):lol:
Chlorine i have been told! My skin is really bad since i moved there. :angry::rant:

I just have odd taste in cars, i cant help the fact that it doesnt appeal to me in any shape or form

I'm sure it goes like sh1t off a chrome shovel but from the side it reminds me of the MR2 roadster. :thumbdown:
:lol: that is so true, i never noticed that until you just said it! :teeth:

Glad it's not just me. Nowt wrong with the MR2 of course (used to have a Mk1) but I wouldn't pay that much for a car that looks like one. Thanks Louis :thumbs: