Stealer clutch and flywheel cost

ben p

My clutch started slipping in high gears about 2 weeks ago, and has since developed a very unhealthy chattering / rattling noise under de-accelaration in low gears. Just spoke to the dealer where I bought the car 2 years ago and also have a service plan with and my "discounted" cost was........

Wait for it....

Clutch and flywheel included fitting...

£1996!!!!!!! :rant:

Feel like I've been repeatedly kicked in the nuts. :blackeye:

I'm sure you know this already, but :pmzmanalex:

I believe his Exedy Clutch and Fizenda Flywheel are roughly £700... And the labour should be around £200

I only want a £500 consultancy charge... and you've still saved £500! :teeth:

Sorry to hear about your problems btw... :console:

Yeah I know the drill, Just wanted to see what the parts "discount" equated to I receive with my service plan! Evidently not a great deal!! I think they pull these figures out of thin air, so unnecessary to just blatantly try to rip people off!

Always advisable to do both, usually if the clutch goes it wrecks the flywheel - if you only get the clutch and spend £200 on labour and they open it up to find a damaged flywheel, you then need to order a flywheel and pay even more labour costs.

Don't go near a dealer, the mechanics are no better, and in many cases worse than a decent indy and the costs are just outrageous even when 'discounted'.

I'm I right in thinking the clutch and fly both need to be done together?

Indeed they do.

Both in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Drop me a pm if I can help you further mate :thumbs:

Alex :)

Alex, if you could PM me m8, I am after a clutch and fly wheel for the HR, and some oils? That would be superb B) if you could. I would really appreciate it :) and sorry bud for last order.. ?? :doh::surrender: