supercharger fitment

garygttdi

Some basic question for the great and good amongst you:-

1. What is a good bolt on kit on the UK market and what sort of money am I looking at?

2. Do any second hand ones come up from time to time?

3. Should the engine internals be replaced to higher spec before running any boast from charger?

Yes I realise I will need a new bonnet as well.

Does the 350 become almost un-drivable with this sort of power?

:thumbs:

Why would you need a new bonnet.

Vortech kit is most common used.

Very rarely come up second hand.

Standard engine will be fine for 400bhp but you will need accessories such as bigger injectors, fuel return system, fuel pump

Budget £7k prepare to pay £10k. Theres always unexpected costs.

You need to do a lot of research from where you are right now. Have a read of the Vortech bible on my350z.com - i must have read that 100 times when i went FI

Both the V2 and V3 sold by Tarmac will fit UK cars.

Review Darren's build thread as I believe a small amount of tinkering is required but nothing major.

Make sure you do your research regarding both the V2 and V3 that will suit your requirements.

Abbey Motorsport have recently SC'd my '04 Z. It's now running just over 400bhp at the hubs but we're aiming for about another 20hp shortly. This is on a built engine. I bought mine second hand from Ian who posted above. Ian actually did a really good thread on his installation if you do a search. This is an HKS GT blower.

AS for drivability , there really is very little difference to stock until the revs rise. Faster you spin the motor, the more boost you get. So you can sit in traffic, drive normally, cruise on the motorway just as stock, but if you want to drag, or over take in places you'd never have dreamt of before, the power comes in fast and it spins the motor up fast. Caution is needed in the wet in 1st and 2nd accelerating for sure. It's not like a turbo at all where you get a massive hit of torque mid range, it's very linear. I love it, it suits my driving style. Ian sold the kit as it didn't suit his driving style.

There's loads of info on here in the FI sub section and on other Z sights. I reckon you could easily spend from £10k to £20k, depending on performance level, engine build, exhaust, uprev etc etc and then you'll want some better handling too, and brakes. It's endless but that's what we do eh!

Abbey Motorsport have recently SC'd my '04 Z. It's now running just over 400bhp at the hubs but we're aiming for about another 20hp shortly. This is on a built engine. I bought mine second hand from Ian who posted above. Ian actually did a really good thread on his installation if you do a search. This is an HKS GT blower.

AS for drivability , there really is very little difference to stock until the revs rise. Faster you spin the motor, the more boost you get. So you can sit in traffic, drive normally, cruise on the motorway just as stock, but if you want to drag, or over take in places you'd never have dreamt of before, the power comes in fast and it spins the motor up fast. Caution is needed in the wet in 1st and 2nd accelerating for sure. It's not like a turbo at all where you get a massive hit of torque mid range, it's very linear. I love it, it suits my driving style. Ian sold the kit as it didn't suit his driving style.

There's loads of info on here in the FI sub section and on other Z sights. I reckon you could easily spend from £10k to £20k, depending on performance level, engine build, exhaust, uprev etc etc and then you'll want some better handling too, and brakes. It's endless but that's what we do eh!

So tell us more about your built motor spec B)

Some basic question for the great and good amongst you:-

1. What is a good bolt on kit on the UK market and what sort of money am I looking at?

2. Do any second hand ones come up from time to time?

3. Should the engine internals be replaced to higher spec before running any boast from charger?

Yes I realise I will need a new bonnet as well.

Does the 350 become almost un-drivable with this sort of power?

:thumbs:

Have you considered buying one that has already been supercharged? Obviously you don't get the satisfaction of doing it yourself but you get the performance as very little cost.

I think you can have a lot of power maybe 600bhp or something before its undrivable. Newer supercharger make nice linear power curves rather than turbos where you get a massive surge of power.

So tell us more about your built motor spec B)

Mark will have to fill in the finer details. Tony built it with forged rods and pistons, heads freshened up and put back together with love :teeth:

As for photos, I think Mark or his lovely wife took some and I believe it may well be in a magazine in the near future but that was something Mark was arranging so .... I know nuurthing :lol: