Help with bug!

Zugara

Ok, lisas VW beetle is playing up :angry: it's an 08 and has started having an array of lights on the dash.

ABS and Engine management lights show up randomly and the brake pedal is so soggy.

I have fitted new pads and disks all round, new tyres all round but nothing has changed, I have also changed brake fluid and bled the brakes.

Checked with an obd scanner for codes, but none showed up.

Checked on line for this issue and there seems to be an array of potential issues ranging from the brake pedal switch £8.36, to the ABS control module £2998. Getting the car on the vagcom in the morning to get a real code, if any.

So have anyone here got a clue or had similar issues on a VW?

Cars only worth 6k so do I shed out nearly 4k inc tyres etc if it's the ABS module or get shot of the damm thing :shrug:

Lisa :cloud9: her bug.

Me, I :bang: the bug.

Strange thing is the ABS works fine, the car comes to a slow stop and not an immediate bite, pedal only starts biting at about 1/2 travel, smash the pedal as hard as I can, abs fires off and car sorts of halts, but not quickly. :bang:

On quite a lot of German cars it is the sensors that fail not the components, might be a place to look?

+1 only thing that went under warrenty on my Leon was an exhaust sensor, sent the ECU crazy :wacko:

Hopefully once you plug it into VAGCOM you will have a better idea what you are looking at....

Codes read, new abs module required circa 2800 plus vat. :wacko:

Test driving a juke, VW not interested in resolving the matter although a known fault from a manufacturing defect......w4nkers IMO.

Ouch! Just about the worst thing it could be then, shame they are not recognising it I just had new injectors and coil packs all round fitted FOC on my Leon I think that was around £1,500 of work according to them :scare:

At least if you drive the Juke you will feel at home as doesn't it have the same steering wheel as the 370?

Burn it with fire :thumbs:

Codes read, new abs module required circa 2800 plus vat. :wacko:

Test driving a juke, VW not interested in resolving the matter although a known fault from a manufacturing defect......w4nkers IMO.

Surprise surprise there is not a service kit or recon module available for this type.......yet!

Cars been sold, Nissan juke on order, collect it sept, so in time for new plate.

Fooking VW..... :rant:

Thanks for all the advice guys.... :thumbs: