My New Z At Last!

oj121

Hope you get some dry weather mate. You will love it. And the noise.........Its just so addictive. Just watch your speed!!! Its very easy to go to uh oh territory.

Ive just ordered some 452's for the rear to replace the horrible Capitals on there are at moment. The RE040's can stay on the front for a little while though.

Looking good. B)

I am absolutely loving the car (even if it is hammering down). Didnt intend to buy it and had my mind set on a Monaro but I am so happy with my choice. Great car, great community. As you can all tell im gushing quite a bit.

Just wish it would dry up a bit as this im my first foray into RWD and inch deep puddles on less than average roads is not the place to learn!

When I test drove a brand new Monaro and a few 350's demo cars way back in 2003/2004, I found the Monaro a bit of a whale in comparison to the 350. Obviously the 350 is no size 0, but still reasonably agile. Only bonus with the Monaro is the V8.

Anyway doesn't matter, you're enjoying your Z. :thumbs: Take care until you're used to RWD especially with the current mix of tyres.

Looking good. B)

When I test drove a brand new Monaro and a few 350's demo cars way back in 2003/2004, I found the Monaro a bit of a whale in comparison to the 350. Obviously the 350 is no size 0, but still reasonably agile. Only bonus with the Monaro is the V8.

Anyway doesn't matter, you're enjoying your Z. :thumbs: Take care until you're used to RWD especially with the current mix of tyres.

The mix is getting changed on Thursday so should be ok. Having different front and back isnt ideal (OCD maybe) but atleast I will be able to trust the rears once I get the Falkens on. To be fair ive only mananaged to get the TC engaged a few times and thats when it was sodden and I was being a bit silly to see how much grip the budgets gave. I am pleasantly surprised by them but I still have that nagge doubt so they are coming off.

Next carmay well be a VXR8 but we will see. Thats a few years off yet.

Next carmay well be a VXR8 but we will see. Thats a few years off yet.

When I got my Z a few years ago I thought it would be an interim measure until I got a TVR Sag or maybe a T350C... now I appear to have fallen in love with it and I'm considering supercharging and all sorts. :scare:

Good. That is the whole point. Im loving it so far and Ive hardly driven it in the dry. Once I have my Welsh mountain blatt and I get out with my mate (VX220) for some fun I may end up at the same point as you.

Good. That is the whole point. Im loving it so far and Ive hardly driven it in the dry. Once I have my Welsh mountain blatt and I get out with my mate (VX220) for some fun I may end up at the same point as you.

whereabouts in Wales are you heading to ?

whereabouts in Wales are you heading to ?

Im from Bridgend. Literally popping down on the Friday to deliver my brother his new car (for his surprise) then Sat avo popping up the Black Mountains then back home on the Sunday

....my brother fancies a mooch around the new car. What he doesnt know is he is getting my old Fiesta ST, as a present for graduating from uni this summer.

Nice! A Fiesta ST as a Hand-me-down! :teeth:

I bet he can't wait till you decide to get rid of the Zed :lol:

Congrats on the new purchase :thumbs:

....my brother fancies a mooch around the new car. What he doesnt know is he is getting my old Fiesta ST, as a present for graduating from uni this summer.

Nice! A Fiesta ST as a Hand-me-down! :teeth:

I bet he can't wait till you decide to get rid of the Zed :lol:

Congrats on the new purchase :thumbs:

He does not know he is having the ST!! That is the fun of it. He thinks im just popping down to show off the Zed and take him for a blatt up the moutains. The wifey is driving the ST down for him. Cant wait to see his face TBH! He has had no luck with the jobs he has taken on. A company went bust as he was about to become a store manager, he was training to be an electrician and they laid off half their staff. He has not gone to Uni and has worked damn hard to succeed (as he is not the most academic of souls) so he deserves a reward.

Well the Falken 452d are on the rear. Just waiting for them to 'come in' now so I can see the grip they produce. I did light them up earlier to try and aid the process though :p

Even with circ. 100 miles on them the TC light seems far less inclined to say hello.

From those that are in the know I have read that they require slightly higher pressures than the BS040's but cant find an ideal psi. Im currently running them at 34. Any advice?