New owner :-) ! Noise when pushing clutch pedal down!

B3n5253

Hi everyone! Picked it up 2day! Love the car!

I have one small problem though! When you press the clutch in there is a sort of knocking/klunking noise! Only when the pedal is pressed down and not on the way up! Anyone have this 2 or have any idea what it is? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum and pleased to hear your enjoying the car, sorry to hear about your problems though with the clutch.

Sascron cars by the looks of that Garage, always having a nosey at their cars, have some amazing cars in their showroom B)

I wouldn't leave it mate, i had the same symptoms in my last car and left it.... Release bearing collapsed in rush hour traffic on a busy roundabout :(...

It may be okay for a bit, try not using the clutch much, i.e stick it in neautral at traffic lights.

Yes was from sascron. Did have some lovely cars! I have 3star AA extended warranty with the car for 3months! Anyone know if it will cover it?

Also sounds like when the clutch Is up there is slight sound change from under the bonnet! Sounds better with the clutch down!

You only picked it up, and it was bought from a dealer, right? Then you have the right to bring it back and have it repaired as it's not fit for it's intended use according to the Sales of Goods act of 1979. Get down to the dealer ASAP!

I'll be ringing the dealer 2day! I also have had an EML light come on!

How should I explain 2 the dealer the problem with the clutch?

It has the klunking noise when pushing down and also when the clutch is lifted up on neutral there is a sound from the front, like somthing changes pitch! All gears select fine though and pulls of ok!

Ok thanks! What about the louder noise when I bring the peddle back up?

I wouldn't worry about this. Afaik this is common with the 350, it's the flywheel sound.

Sounds like a rattle or grind when the peddle is up. Should only be a slight change in sound though.

Hi everyone! Iv spoken 2 the dealer and they have agreed to fix all the faults with the car!

Found out the fault code! - P2a03 !

I beleve this is a lambda sensor fault! Am I correct??

The noise when pushing down the clutch is from the red damper spring. If you hold the spring and press the clutch the noise goes away!

With the car stared and in neutral with the clutch down the car sounds fine! When you bring up the clutch the car kinda make a higher pitched noise! The mechanic said it sounds v much like the clutch release bearing!

Can anyone confirm this??

Hi everyone! Iv spoken 2 the dealer and they have agreed to fix all the faults with the car!

Found out the fault code! - P2a03 !

I beleve this is a lambda sensor fault! Am I correct??

The noise when pushing down the clutch is from the red damper spring. If you hold the spring and press the clutch the noise goes away!

With the car stared and in neutral with the clutch down the car sounds fine! When you bring up the clutch the car kinda make a higher pitched noise! The mechanic said it sounds v much like the clutch release bearing!

Can anyone confirm this??

Hi mate, do you mean like this?

If so you have the exact problem as me.

I've got the gearbox off at ghe minute.

I noticed some high pitched noise from the release bearing when no load is on it that dissapears when its pressed down, but im not confident that in the noise i'm experiancing.

I have however noticed a load of play in the input shaft, mainly because the front input shaft bearings are shagged. I'm currently waiting on the replacement input bearing, front case gasket and pilot bushing from nissan (stupid bank holidays)

I'll let you know how it goes, needless to say i'll be pi**ed if its not cured it, cost £600ish so far.

Good news maybe !

I had exactly the same problem with my 07 Zed.

There is a spring at the bottom of the clutch pedal which became slightly twisted on mine.

Approx two thirds down the thing clunked but didn,t clunk on the way back up.

Nissan replaced the pedal assembly on mine under warranty but they could have just replaced the spring which had become bent.

Hope that,s the problem.

regards

Roger