Enjoying my Berks HFC today and I wondered...

MRH 350Z

I believe the technical answer is because it is made of metal :lol:

Some peole love the rasp some hate it.... I put my pop charger on and I don't hear it :woohoo:

:lol: True

It is rather distinctive, other cats (also metal) don't make that noise.

So Berks are raspy seems to be the general opinion?

Been toying with getting HFCs and uprev but should I just go for an uprev or different HFC +Uprev?

I know this s 350 but must be the same for a 370.

Higher flowing will be raspier, apparently ceramic hfcs are less so but I've never heard any.

It really depends on what the rest of your system is, some they add an entirely different sound to others.

Not a fan of the rasp, always reminds me of chavvy boy racers with a big eggzorst on there 1.2 punto's.

Why anyone would want to imitate that sound with a 3.5 v6 is beyond me :thumbdown:

I love it personally. Not getting the comparison to chavvy fart cans really :shrug: the rasp doesn't kick in until 4k, and i've never heard a 4-pot engine sound like a VQ at 4krpm through a milltek. Might sound boomier on a different exhaust but on the milltek it's awesome.

On topic: I'd just assumed it was resonance because it only happens in a narrow RPM band.

DB

Not a fan of the rasp, always reminds me of chavvy boy racers with a big eggzorst on there 1.2 punto's.

Why anyone would want to imitate that sound with a 3.5 v6 is beyond me :thumbdown:

Chavs dont rasp they always have boomy droney systems.

German cars like M's and amg like to rasp :cloud9:

Chavs dont rasp they always have boomy droney systems.

German cars like M's and amg like to rasp :cloud9:

Exibit A :

Exibit B:

I rest my case :)

Yeah i was going to say a rasp is very german but i agree an aquired taste. A member came over to my place a while back to hear the milltek & berks and we went out first with a standard airbox and heard the rasp. Then we went back and fitted my pop charger and went out again, and no rasp to be heard over the roar :thumbs:

I took the PC off before Wales as it does inhibit acceleration a little and i noticed the rasp a lot....

I took y pop chargers off and sold them, they only make a noise when your foots planted!

If you have a big exhaust they make a better noise but with standard they do only make noise when you're on it

Order of purchase for me was Milltek, pop charger and then the HFC's... I think the addition of the cats really brings out the pop charger. I like the swoosh (turbo like) sound it makes on lift off under stationary revving. I assume that's because of the PC.

Order of purchase for me was Milltek, pop charger and then the HFC's... I think the addition of the cats really brings out the pop charger. I like the swoosh (turbo like) sound it makes on lift off under stationary revving. I assume that's because of the PC.

That sucking noise is the hfcs.

I love the rasp above 4k but I'm tempted to buy a popcharger just to see what the combo together sound like!

It is great :cloud9: if you are anywhere near Kent pop over for a listen :thumbs:

And yeah you only hear a PC over 4k but that is just when the rasp comes in too :wink:

That sucking noise is the hfcs.

I think its the PC but the HFCs make it louder, I used to get the sucking noise before I had HFCs but not as loud. It's like the engine is taking a big breath, thats the hesitation that is the downside of the noise... a decent trade off really :shrug: