Brake Upgrade

The G Man

Reading Ebized's thread on his brake problems (viewtopic.php?f=102&t=62092) have got me thinking AGAIN, on a brake upgrade.

I used to have a set of these http://www.racingbrake.com/MIATA_MX5_RX ... 2131-k.htm on my RX8, absolutely brilliant they were, never faded, performed in all modes, aggressive road or track driving or in an emergency braking situation when pootling around.

I don't have a problem with my braking system on the 370, works adequately, but that's the rub, adequately!! I really want something more than adequate, I want sharp, strong and added stopping performance. These are on RB's site for the 350 http://www.racingbrake.com/350Z_G35_FRO ... 2026-k.htm

I'm in the middle of a very, very expensive house re-furb (spent 4.5k today on a few kitchen implements :lol:, and haven't bought a carcass or cupboard yet to put them in :scare: ), so before Alex and Chris start teasing me with products, it will be couple of months before my sanity and wallet recover enough to carry out an upgrade.

My question is, who has and what kit have you used to upgrade the brakes on the 370, what are your honest thoughts and do you believe it is value for performance and money spent?

DBA rotors and a decent set of pads, lines and fluids and you will be sorted mate :thumbs:

And guess what:

In stock and good to go same/next day :yahoo:

Alex :)

:lol: I fookin' knew you'd say that :lol:

I suppose I'm that much in credit with you that it wouldn't cost that much ;)

DBA rotors and a decent set of pads, lines and fluids and you will be sorted mate :thumbs:

And guess what:

In stock and good to go same/next day :yahoo:

Alex :)

:lol: I fookin' knew you'd say that :lol:

I suppose I'm that much in credit with you that it wouldn't cost that much ;)

Oh! fooking hell...........Your Decals.......... :lol::lol::lol:

Shipping tomorrow mate :thumbs:

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm really looking to sharpen up the brakes on my 370, I don't feel they're that great out the box. As the new Nismo version has GTR lines and fluid does this mean that the GTR lines are a direct drop in to the 370?

Alex, interested to hear costs if you're happy to post, my front & rear pads need changing so canvasing about for costs. A cheeky upgrade whilst at it would be of interest too without getting too carried away. Any idea of costs of getting someone to fit them would be great (not doing it myself!!). Cheers.

I'll be doing mine soon, the car is 3 & half years old now & I'm not exactly easy on brakes. I hopped they'd last until next service (11 months away) but when a stone got stuck in the front guard I took the wheel off & had a look around while I was there, pads are getting low already.

Changing the calipers or any other drastic changes to our brakes is a waste of time imo, decent pads & fluid will be fine for 90% of us.

I'll be keeping an eye on them over the near future & replace fairly soon, this side of Christmas probably. CarboTech pads & better fluid at a minimum, depending what state the discs are in after inspection those as well. Doubt I'll fit braided lines though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...