Service gotta be done - Nissan or independent?

Buckley

Z has to go in next week for service, put it off for a month due to holiday so now it's time, especially with the weather and being a rag top :)

Cheapest Nissan have quoted is £308

I'm buying the parts from ZmanAlex but wondered...... all I'm paying for us the Nissan stamp really

Should I go independent and get it cheaper or follow on the FNSH route?

Does it effect resale value?

What would you do?

It's an 05 and hasn't missed a scheduled service yet, now on 41k, I've had it 16months and done 9k so it's ready now

Opinions please

Cheers :)

You'd think that taking your car to Nissan, although possibly more expensive, would provide you and your car with the best service possible...

My car currently has a FNSH, but only because I haven't had to get it serviced yet. When the time comes, I'll probably find out how much Nissan will charge, but I know I'll end up taking it to my now trusted garage (Recommended to me by another forum member). They will still stamp the book the same as Nissan, I've had work done by them before so I know they'll do a good job, so I don't see why that would be an issue when it comes to sell on, or why at this stage of ownership that this would be more of a concern to me than the actual service the car gets and I personally receive.

With it being an 05 i'd probably take it to an indy, but Nissan should be dropping that price quite a bit if you're supplying your own oil and filters.

You do realise you should have had the service done 4 months ago, right? I know you said you put it off due to a holiday, but surely wasn't a 4 month holiday ;)

As for resale value, I wouldn't really car if car has half a dozen nissan stamps and a couple of indy ones, but I would care if I saw it hadn't been serviced every 12 months.