PC help pleasee (graphics)

ashyk36

I got the new formula1 game for pc yesterday.. i installed it but the game stutters loads. i was looking at the specs of my pc to see which graphics card I have, however im now confused, is NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 my graphics card? If it is, is this the reason why the game doesnt play because it isnt good enough?

Thank you :-D

The link is http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... =c01534257

what other games do you play and have you had any issues with those?

I expect the graphical rendering demands will be pretty high with this sort of game and your graphics, be it onboard or seperate card, will be seriously underpowered to run the game.

ive got a simulator at my house and all formula 1 games are a nightmare for pc ive got 2011 and 2012 and theres a flaw in both codemasters had a plug in but it still does same for most people

if your lucky it will stay like that and not be like mine and not load at all or unable to save game data

Your gfx card is a 9300GS, it's shown under the Video Graphics heading. It's also completely rubbish, you'll need something with far more clout to run the latest F1 game.

Like an Xbox.

yep and you want get the other problems associated with the pc version either

I have a ps3 but my pc is more convenient for me to use. So I cant even upgrade the graphics card either?

:(

You "can" upgrade it, but not without upgrading other parts of the system tho.

Your PC is dated and the newer games will show how old your Rig is.

Looking at the spec sheet, it's now coming to four years old, which is a long time in terms of PC systems (think of Moore's Law)

Your Power supply will probably give out first if you were to upgrade the GFX card, like mentioned above.

For example, my GFX card will pull

System in IDLE = 205 Watts

System with GPU in FULL Stress = 419 Watts

Difference (GPU load) = 214Watt (TDP = 215W)

Mind you, I do run a more gaming biased PC anyway

You need to buy a new PSU (Power Supply Unit) and a new graphics card.

TBH, the OP needs a complete new rig.

Once the PSU and GFX are replaced then the CPU, RAM and MOBO are gonna be the next issues.

Could go for a Intel i5 2500K CPU, very mucho bang for dinero :)

Mobo to suit and about 8GB of RAM.

and while your there, might aswell invest in a SSD or two for super speedy load times

Once the PSU and GFX are replaced then the CPU, RAM and MOBO are gonna be the next issues.

and while your there, might aswell invest in a SSD or two for super speedy load times

Does he really need to go for SSD???

What you are asking him to do is rebuild his PC. Looking at his first post, I take it that his technical skills with a PC are basic.

SO... IMO, I think he could get away with a pre built base unit from somewhere. Check out places like Currys, Comet, PC World etc. Look for their discontinued stuff. It'll be maximum 6 months out of date, but reduced to match. Yeah you won't be able to play the games at it's best, but it'll be pretty damn good. Unless you wanna give me about £5-10K+ to build you something amazing and OTT for your needs!

What you are asking him to do is rebuild his PC. Looking at his first post, I take it that his technical skills with a PC are basic.

SO... IMO, I think he could get away with a pre built base unit from somewhere. Check out places like Currys, Comet, PC World etc. Look for their discontinued stuff. It'll be maximum 6 months out of date, but reduced to match. Yeah you won't be able to play the games at it's best, but it'll be pretty damn good. Unless you wanna give me about £5-10K+ to build you something amazing and OTT for your needs!

I was hoping the OP would realise that a new PC is in order, self built or ready built. Choice is his :)

£5-10K???? What you building it out of? I only spent just over £1K on mine total. I love my 16GB of RAM :lol:

I was hoping the OP would realise that a new PC is in order, self built or ready built. Choice is his :)

£5-10K???? What you building it out of? I only spent just over £1K on mine total. I love my 16GB of RAM :lol:

Intel Core i7 990X Socket 1366 3.46GHz 12MB £840

Asus P6T7 WS SuperComputer X58 Socket 1366 CEB Motherboard £400

EVGA GeForce GTX 690 x 3 - SLI 3 WAY £2640

24GB (6x4GB) DDR3 2133MHz £240

OCZ ZX Series 1250W 80+ GOLD PSU Fully Modular Single 12V Rail 140mm Fan £176

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Soundcard - PCI Express £147

Pioneer BDR-207DBK SATA Blu-Ray Optical Drive | OEM x 2 £130

Ocz 1.2tb Z-drive R4 C Series Ssd £5000

That's £9650 without fans/watercooling kit/peltier kit, monitor, speakers, webcam, keyboard, mouse and some other small bits.

EDITED... Oh and forgot case. So that's another £200-£300.

1366 Intel cpu's and X58 motherboards are so out of date. :surrender:

The cpu is not even listed at overclockers any more!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productli ... 01&catid=6

Any core I5/I7 Sandybridge or IvyBridge is all your ever going to need in real world computing ;)

Certainly no need to spend £800 on a cpu!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productli ... &subid=567

1366 Intel cpu's and X58 motherboards are so out of date. :surrender:

The cpu is not even listed at overclockers any more!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productli ... 01&catid=6

Any core I5/I7 Sandybridge or IvyBridge is all your ever going to need in real world computing ;)

Certainly no need to spend £800 on a cpu!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productli ... &subid=567

True, but I've been out of the building world for a few years. Just quickly googled stuff to put together without any real thought. Made sure they were compatible and then listed it down. Not how I would plan a build, but just wanted to prove that a £10k build is not impossible.

Its possible to spend any amount of money but buying 3 GTX690's is for anyone with more money than sense! :lol:

Why would you? :wacko:

Professional gamers

You ever used an SLI setup? That might be better now but alot of the time they are buggy or just dont work.

What about that thing where you pay a subscription and all the computing is done on the other end and you just play. Gamefly or something?

Buying from curry or comet will land you in the same boat tbh. They always cheap out of their mobo, hdd and ram as they arent attention grabbing specs like quad core or X ghz.

Its possible to spend any amount of money but buying 3 GTX690's is for anyone with more money than sense! :lol:

Professional gamers

You ever used an SLI setup? That might be better now but alot of the time they are buggy or just dont work.

What about that thing where you pay a subscription and all the computing is done on the other end and you just play. Gamefly or something?

Buying from curry or comet will land you in the same boat tbh. They always cheap out of their mobo, hdd and ram as they arent attention grabbing specs like quad core or X ghz.

Some are bad some are good. I bought a Dell for about £300 (Was about £700 (base unit only) but bro worked at PC World and it was discontinued then discounted for staff), then upgraded the graphics card, took my old sound card & hard drive over and upped the RAM to the max. Old pc custom built motherboard died and couldn't be arsed with the cost of making another.

Professional gamers

Some are bad some are good. I bought a Dell for about £300 (Was about £700 (base unit only) but bro worked at PC World and it was discontinued then discounted for staff), then upgraded the graphics card, took my old sound card & hard drive over and upped the RAM to the max. Old pc custom built motherboard died and couldn't be arsed with the cost of making another.

£ for £ a built pc will ALWAYS be better. The mobo would have been a low spec one. Generic cooler, slow hdd and so on. They will charge for the name, customer support and the cost of someone putting it together and building it.

Unless your getting a mad pc like one of the top of the line scan ones you will be better off with a diy build. Graphics isnt a massive thing to me so with that money I saved i got an SSD so it can be tailor made to budget and use.

But horses for courses. :thumbs:

I've had SLi setup before and the main thing that pi**ed me off was that you didn't double your GFX power with two cards, and also that the load wasn't split evenly between the two.

Triple SLI, no thanks, it's just marketing for fanboys.

Very happy with my EVGA GTX 470 HydroCopper here :)

Got my i5 2500K one a mild overclock and am running 4.02GHz currently, more than enough for what I need.