Popcharger or Airbox after Decats?

Karlp

Hey guys,

Just had some decats fitted today and was wanting to take the popcharger out and stick the air box with a decent filter back in, couple of quick questions:

1. I know popchargers are generally for more noise than performance will putting the airbox and air filter give me a bit better throttle response?

2. Also what air filters would people recommed for a 04+ airbox :thumbs::thumbs:

Honestly the differences are hardly noticeable with general day to day driving..

If you want noise and looks then go for a Pop Charger. If your worried about performance then either the Stillen or [mod edit: No longer a trader here. Lexx] is the way to go

Just been to trying to find RTxxxxxx threads also! :lol::blush:

Honestly the differences are hardly noticeable with general day to day driving..

If you want noise and looks then go for a Pop Charger. If your worried about performance then either the Stillen or [mod edit: No longer a trader here. Lexx] is the way to go

Lol, fair enough.

He has a website though so OP can search and contact him there if needs be

i was told by Jez at horsham, there is no decent improvement over stock for intake filters, i was advised by Zaman to get a Velocity air stack kit from rtbiscuit, plus i added a plenum spacer kit and an MREV lower plenum, although it seems the jury is split on whether this is a good mod, i was told by suppliers in the USA it was originally made for the RevUp engine, but was re-designed in 2006 to suit earlier DE engines, there seems to be good reviews on the american 350 owners website, but once i get it all installed i'll post up a dyno sheet

i was told by Jez at horsham, there is no decent improvement over stock for intake filters, i was advised by Zaman to get a Velocity air stack kit from rtbiscuit, plus i added a plenum spacer kit and an MREV lower plenum, although it seems the jury is split on whether this is a good mod, i was told by suppliers in the USA it was originally made for the RevUp engine, but was re-designed in 2006 to suit earlier DE engines, there seems to be good reviews on the american 350 owners website, but once i get it all installed i'll post up a dyno sheet

Thanks dude, I have a airbox already but its the original not the modded one with the bigger stack. Might pick up a air filter and fit it this weekend see if anything feels different.

:thumbs:

wow lexx will you also be going through everyones posts and editing out links to ebay, halfords, and other sites for buying parts?

yes at the moment i am currently not trading on the forum, hence why it seems some mods took down my banners, deleted my posts and removed all exsistance in what can only be described as hussain bolt speed.

as far as i was aware not being a trader meant no self advertising or promotion of any products or sales. and i have been very careful not to do this. i have offered advise and pointed people in the direction of reccomended products but never once put myself forward as a supplier; out of respect for the forum.

if your to delete out traders who do not pay traders fee's on here should it not be the same for all such as all the links to ebay, halfords, US parts sites etc.

I had taken a break from trading on here while i worked on a new range of products and was planning on re joining the ranks of trader on here and paying the correct fee etc once the items were ready for dispatch.

but yet again i feel singled out by certain members of the mod team for one reason or another, its great to feel welcome even after 4 years on here. well thank you and **** you too :dry:

wow lexx will you also be going through everyones posts and editing out links to ebay, halfords, and other sites for buying parts?

yes at the moment i am currently not trading on the forum, hence why it seems some mods took down my banners, deleted my posts and removed all exsistance in what can only be described as hussain bolt speed.

as far as i was aware not being a trader meant no self advertising or promotion of any products or sales. and i have been very careful not to do this. i have offered advise and pointed people in the direction of reccomended products but never once put myself forward as a supplier; out of respect for the forum.

if your to delete out traders who do not pay traders fee's on here should it not be the same for all such as all the links to ebay, halfords, US parts sites etc.

I had taken a break from trading on here while i worked on a new range of products and was planning on re joining the ranks of trader on here and paying the correct fee etc once the items were ready for dispatch.

but yet again i feel singled out by certain members of the mod team for one reason or another, its great to feel welcome even after 4 years on here. well thank you and **** you too :dry:

Not very often, but I agree Rich. It's pretty obvious

Thanks neil.

its not the first time either that posts related to me have been "vetted" i posted some info on a member who had arch rollers that could help another member and my post was deleted. no comment, no feedback, no note to say anything had happened.

i spoke to chris I a while back and i agreed with the reason behind removing my sales posts even though P15ULT's were only ever locked. and to be honest i don't mind to much about that.

but its the being sensored that i find rude.

..have to agree, seems odd to edit someone who recommends contacting another member about something to solve their query, isnt that the point of a forum :shrug: pretty sure as with most 'debates' we will get a considered answer from mods soon...

hence why it seems some mods took down my banners, deleted my posts and removed all exsistance in what can only be described as hussain bolt speed.

As far as i am aware no mods have done any of the above and actually cant do some of the above anyway ;) I really get sick and tired of certain members on here that everytime something happens its always certain mods who are doing it in their minds. Get it into your heads all decisions and discussions and actions are done at team level ffs and removal of banners and sub-sections is done by admin! :bang:

SO **** YOU TOO! :p

What really is the issue with an annual £25 fee as a member to be a trader?

Crikey, we had many traders and members happy to donate prizes worth well in excess of £25 for the Wales charity and yet some still seem to want to do things by the back door.

Sorry Rich, but I personally think the Traders fees are relatively peanuts and remember it is the traders fees that keep this forum going for free. It is a members' forum run by members who take absolutely no financial or other 'inducements' to keep it going and the mods and admin often pay for a great deal of things to make things happen event-wise out of their own pockets, irrespective of the time they give up, so to begrudge a £25 fee is doing the forum and in turn the membership is a disservice. :thumbdown:

I have paid a part time trader fee and to be honest forgotten about :lol: I do appreciate the 'freeness' of this forum compared to other 350z ones :thumbs:

I suspect though its not the money that is narking our forum biscuit - its that members referencing an ex-traders wares is something that needs to be censored - is it that we shouldnt be doing this going forwards?

As an aside, £720 Chris? Thats ridiculous...shows how cheap the trader cost really is on here, effectively two quid a month.

I have paid a part time trader fee and to be honest forgotten about :lol: I do appreciate the 'freeness' of this forum compared to other 350z ones :thumbs:

I suspect though its not the money that is narking our forum biscuit - its that members referencing an ex-traders wares is something that needs to be censored - is it that we shouldnt be doing this going forwards?

As an aside, £720 Chris? Thats ridiculous...shows how cheap the trader cost really is on here, effectively two quid a month.

Yup, I'm just waiting for the car price to come down then more modding will happen and I will be able to justify it with the accountant

Ok then. Here's a question. Biscuit, are you trading via pm on this site? Yes or no? If so, is that not just a slap in the face to those traders who pay to use our site to trade?

There have been several posts recently that lead me believe you are trading here but not doing so publicly. Which i think is unfair to others.

I have actually asked one person if the product they purchased from you was via ebay or via pm on this site. They advised it was via pm here.

So before you go off on a rant at various members of the team here I would consider the above.

It would be nice to have an explanation from the Mods side. :) Someone asked me about this not long ago and I couldn't find the thread, thought it was me!! :shrug:

I did pm Rich at the time of renewing his member trading.

i spoke to chris I a while back and i agreed with the reason behind removing my sales posts even though P15ULT's were only ever locked. and to be honest i don't mind to much about that.

but its the being sensored that i find rude.

I removed P15UL T'S posts some time ago