Roadster or coupe?

nixy

Without wanting to stir up a war, which do people prefer? Has anyone traded in their coupe for a roadster?

Personally I like a more aggressive looking car and having owned a coupe cabriolet before I was always a bit shy about putting the roof down. In fact I used to drive out of work and park somewhere else to do it - mad I know but that's me!

I would imagine a roadster would sell on easier at the moment?

All about personal preference, Nixy. Doesn't matter what we all think. Personally I chose the coupe because I think it looks better and living in Scotland I'd need balls of steel to go for a soft top. I'm sure lots of people will disagree with me regarding the looks and good on them. Different strokes for different folks and all that....... :)

Agree - the back side of the roadster is a bit ugly, and certainly needs a lip spoiler, or some form of bodykit to make it look a bit more attractive (thats what Im currently purchasing).

With the roof down though I do think the roadster looks excellent, and for summer driving its excellent.

Wait till the summer shows or even if the weather is nice and warm for the Wales drive out - all the closet roadster lovers come out of the woodwork! :lol:

I really cant pick between them, though now Ive owned one, in the summer I would miss the roadster without a doubt. Have almost been pursuaded by a red coupe too recently. If I could justify it, Id have one of each :lol:

Agree - the back side of the roadster is a bit ugly, and certainly needs a lip spoiler, or some form of bodykit to make it look a bit more attractive (thats what Im currently purchasing).

With the roof down though I do think the roadster looks excellent, and for summer driving its excellent.

Wait till the summer shows or even if the weather is nice and warm for the Wales drive out - all the closet roadster lovers come out of the woodwork! :lol:

I really cant pick between them, though now Ive owned one, in the summer I would miss the roadster without a doubt. Have almost been pursuaded by a red coupe too recently. If I could justify it, Id have one of each :lol:

You know where to come once you see the light and want a coupe ;)

I was surprised that sl114 didn't get a roadster and drive with the top down all year with cameras flashing all around him, the ASW! :lol:
Haha, i very nearly did, but i just dont like the look of them with the roof up, and living in the UK it will be up a lot of the time.

Plus i cant have my hair being messed up can i? ;)

I have to say the lines on the coupe are far more easy on the eye and i have never been a fan of soft tops. However give me a t-top standard on a zed coupe, and i will be first in line :thumbs:

Roadster with the roof up is one of the uglist cars on the road. No offence to roadster owners. Roof down it's one of the nicest cars on the road.

The question for potential buyers is can you live with the looks with the roof up? I couldn't and found an ex demo coupe instead.

All depends on what you want to drive really. As I previously had a Pug 206CC I wanted another convertible so the roadster it was.

As there were no roadsters in the country when I ordered, I got my test drive in a coupe and I still went for the roadster even although I may have had to wait 15 months on the car turning up after paying a £2,000 deposit (car turned up a year early :) )

As others say and I feel the same - the roadster doesn't look that nice with the roof up and the coupe is far nicer but put the roof down and the roadster beats the coupe for looks anyday.