n00b Help Please - Service Schedule 350z

uk850t5

Hi All,

I'm looking at a 350z need one urgently as my s60T5 has seized (dont ask)

I've read the thread here about service schedule - basically 350z serviced every year or 9k - makes sense performance car

but "This assumes an annual mileage of less than 18,000 miles a year and is taken directly from the Nissan Maintenance booklet pages 18 and 19"

I don't understand this, some cars I've seen the 18k schedule was applied? I didn't think a performance car could have 18k service schedule

do Nissan put in a different grade of oil to allow 18k schedule, or are the stealerships running a scam?

Thanks in advance

As far as I am concerned the 350 should be serviced ever 9k (as near as damn it) no matter how may miles you do a year or every 12 months if you do less. If I was looking at a Zed that had not conformed to this I would be dubious :thumbs:

It's to denote the difference between an FP1/2/3 service schedule and a P1/2/3 schedule.

<18,000 miles per annum follows the P schedule.

>18,000 miles per annum follows the FP schedule.

I don't know off hand what the difference is between the two, but it's in the service book - I presume the P schedule is pages 18/19, the FP schedule is pages 20/21 - but I'm far too lazy to go and look. :p

As far as I can remember they're both 9k intervals.

i called this dealership up

http://www.nissanusedcars.co.uk/en.GB/p ... ct=1649649

the 1st service p1 was done at 17k - hence intervals were 18k apart

i also saw anther on in leeds and the car had 3 stamps advertised as FSH but staps were 18K or under apart - walked away after aguing it shouild be 9k apart, the guy shwed me a page in the book where it clearly stated yr 1 or 18k, year 2 or 36k etc

so is it possible to have 18k service inerval on the zed? all other cars seem 9k i.e. Evo, impreza are @ 9k

thanks again

No the Zed is 9k. However as explained a couple of posts above, if you are going to be driving 18k+ a year, the service schedule is different. For normal driving it follows this pattern: P1, P2, P1, P3, P1, P2, P1, P3 ETC ETC. These services are to be carried out every 9k or 12 months, whichever comes sooner. If you are going to be driving 18k+p/a the service schedule will be a little different. I don't have my book to hand but it may look like this: P2, P1, P3, P2, P1, P3 ETC ETC. These services are still to be carried out every 9k.

You were 100% right to walk away as that dealer clearly doesn't have a clue. :clap: