Is this normal: 313 Bonnet

DaJimstar

Also, Nissan put stickers on the underside of the bonnet - mine is a 313, and it has a black one about the refrigerant in the a/c, and another white one with a Nissan hologram and the VIN number on it. The top edge of the bumper also has the hologram/VIN sticker, as do both of the door shut areas and the underside of the bootlid.

If these are present, it is very unlikely (but not impossible) that it has been repaired and the repairer replaced the stickers...

Also, Nissan put stickers on the underside of the bonnet - mine is a 313, and it has a black one about the refrigerant in the a/c, and another white one with a Nissan hologram and the VIN number on it. The top edge of the bumper also has the hologram/VIN sticker, as do both of the door shut areas and the underside of the bootlid.

If these are present, it is very unlikely (but not impossible) that it has been repaired and the repairer replaced the stickers...

That is very useful info... :thumbs::thumbs:

If it has been in a shunt I would have thought if you look hard enough you will see other signs of repair because if a bodyshop left the bonnet fitting like that then chances are there are other give-away clues. :shrug:

My inclination would be towards the need for adjustment - as suggested above ^^^^

+1

Looks fine to me. As others have said, if it had been in an accident then there normally would have been more tell tale signs - like replaced panels under the front slam panel, maybe creases in panels which shoudlnt be there. Over spray... little bits like that.

Also as for HPi clear... well, that definitely isnt a guarantee its not been in an accident. Ive bought 2 vehicles I knew were smashed up as i bought them in that condition as insurance write offs. Then I repaired them, HPi checked and both came up clean. Very often HPi seems lax on updating their database.

If your having an AA inspection like you mentioned then they are very good and normally will pick up on any accident evidence.

• 4 weeks later...