What would the value of this be, roughly?

lehem

Hey guys. I went to look at a 2004 350z today, the GT model with rays, brembos, leather, bose + nismo kit.

The car has done 109k with almost full service history and is in Gun Metal with Tan seats.

I found when I arrived that it has had ALOT of paintwork and is registered CAT D.

It's advertised at £6695ono which in my mind is about right for a straight one in good condition but with the bad paint and CAT D, what would you say is realistic money?

I was hoping to get this one for 6k, but can just about stretch to 6.5k if we get something this month. Next month I'll have a tad more to spend.

Was ideally hoping to get something this weekend.

A straight 04 GT with 60k is only worth about that money TBH. About £4-4.5k is probably about right for a 14k per year car that's been written off. So unless he's willing to realize the true value of the car, walk away quickly, there are plenty about.

Probably worth 4.8k max according to some of the posts I've found on various sites.

Make sure you purchase at the right price. As a guide I’ve always priced cat D cars at least 25% below normal book value. Although now were in a recession and the government has reduce the scrappage scheme, try to haggle for 25-30%.

Pete