Scottish Iles in sunshine. Honest

martinmac

Had a mad few weeks at work charging up and down the country between London, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Aberdeen so one the tug had been moved to the Forth for the upcoming project I decided to take a week off touring Scotland.

Yes its early May so I was expecting it to be wet and cold and just praying for a little dry weather sometimes.

We left Aberdeen on the Sunday and took in the east coast doubling back to stay in Cromarty on the Sunday night. Weather not bad at all but a little chilly.

We then headed over to Skye where it always rains. Amazing weather all week. :yahoo: While the rest of the country got battered we had a fantastic time with the temperature up into the 20s, no cloud, no rain. Fantastic.

I had taken the usual precautions though. :p

P1010436.jpg

Anyway, for those who havent been lucky enough to get this weather in Scotland here are some pics. Great driving roads and no traffic as usual too. :drive1

P1010432-Copy.jpg

P1010434.jpg

P1010435.jpg

P1010437.jpg

P1010440.jpg

P1010449.jpg

P1010454.jpg

P1010450.jpg

P1010457.jpg

P1010460.jpg

P1010464.jpg

P1010469.jpg

P1010486-1.jpg

P1010483.jpg

P1010492.jpg

Looks lovely Martin :cloud9:

We missed saying goodbye to you on Saturday night!

I expect you both for tea or a weekend stop off sometime soon - and if you fancy a home cooked dinner during the week we're only 50 minutes away ;)

Looks spot on Martin! Liz must have been in her element with the camera and those conditions.

Midges aren't that bad unless walking about in trees near water generally.

Thanks Vik, i will take you up on that. Some Midges are worse than others Stew.

Sorry i didnt manage to say bye on Saturday guys. A great night, we loved it. Had to leave around midnight after I sneezed and wacked my teeth together. Infection all sorted now though mainly due to a large intake of the golden magic. :teeth:

Neat pics Mart! B) Really love the 2nd pic in particular. B)

btw are the midges really that bad as that would put me off as well. Every time i go to countries with mosquitos i seem to be an open invitation for a free blood feast and attract them like flies to er....you know!

Vitamin B is supposed to help with that, ie Vegemite or Marmite or tablets I guess.