Hmmm... I'm gonna get shot for this....

AMT

My JDM's been run on super always. So will most other imports. If Sarnie keeps quiet the value of them will rocket.

I think its probably a greater issue for the JDM's as they are originally mapped to use 100 RON. 95 RON might not kill a perfectly working engine, but any issue with the MAF, inlet air leaks or similar are going to be a lot more likely to cause damage than if you were on Super. :thumbs:

Its a much bigger issue on FI engines, Ive driven a standard Evo that was detting its tits off on 95 RON (the guy in the garage didnt even realise) but even with NA I wouldnt risk it myself.

My JDM's been run on super always. So will most other imports. If Sarnie keeps quiet the value of them will rocket.

I think its probably a greater issue for the JDM's as they are originally mapped to use 100 RON. 95 RON might not kill a perfectly working engine, but any issue with the MAF, inlet air leaks or similar are going to be a lot more likely to cause damage than if you were on Super. :thumbs:

Its a much bigger issue on FI engines, Ive driven a standard Evo that was detting its tits off on 95 RON (the guy in the garage didnt even realise) but even with NA I wouldnt risk it myself.

Theoretically you could also get into more trouble when running with breathing mods (intakes/exhausts/etc) when you could be running lean. Running lean could cause it to run hotter which cases more det. Coupled with 95RON thats not a good combo. All ok if you are mapped for it though, its just the stock map doesnt appear to be flexible enough to wind timing back enough.

Agree though, most driving wont cause any problem at all with 95RON as its below 5kRPM. The main problem is a lot of members on here dont know how to change their driving style with 95RON :surrender: