UpRev tomorrow!

taffyjason

What time is your Uprev and where in Norfolk are you travelling from?

finally got around to getting the UpRev mod tomorrow with Horsham, quite excited...but not excited at the 3 hour drive there! the M25 is terrifying!

whats the throttle response like? post mapping i mean

better but nothing major. I noticed a massive difference after fitting the haltech ecu but its very sharp, maybe too sharp for road use tbh

I had mine UpReved by Jez, and you won't regret it. Admittedly he also fitted lots of shiney breathing mods to mine at the same time; on paper it gained 30bhp but it felt a LOT better to drive, certainly more difference than 30bhp should have made.

Oh and I live basically on the M25 and drive the bit you'll be using regularly. There are some road works/50 limits moving around on the northern/western bits at the moment but you should be pretty traffic free by about 10:30, enjoy :thumbs:

DB

Well, good news and bad news with the UpRev

Firstly thanks to Jez at Horsham

Secondly, the UpRev went smoothly, gained 11Bhp, more tourque ( forgot the amount ) with a smoother profile, and a horridly jagged fuelling profile was drastically smoothed.

The fuel economy was the first thing i noticed improved, with 40mpg at about 75mph, plus smoother power delivery and more urge at cruising speeds.

BAD side, i found out my car at the baseline dyno test was only 255Bhp at the hub, which for my 2004 model should be 276bhp ish. After uprev i got 267bhp, so disspointed with overall output. Bearing in mind before UpRev i had Berk cats, Stillen Y pipe and K2 japspeed middle and rear.

So as you can see the power output is puzzling.

i can understand that, but with all the exhaust components, still seems a rather hefty loss for a 47k mileage car.

So exploring more options as we speak!

my local garage who has done a lot of my work also polishes and ports cylinder heads, along with some fast road cams and good headers, may claim back some of those lost ponies

You say '255BHP at the hub' do you mean Brake Horse Power measured at the hub, or do you mean Wheel Horse Power, i.e the actual horsepower at the wheel hub itself. If your numbers are WHP, then 255 is not bad at all as a baseline. If BHP then yes, that is a bit odd.

DB

Edit: I just looked at my graphs from Jez, and my car put down a baseline (with all breathing mods installed but not tuned) of 253WHP, and got to 307BHP once tuned, so if your graphs are in WHP then you have nothing to wory about.

Unfortunately Jasons power figured above are at the flywheel - I can't remember what the wheel figures were.

I've found that some engines are around the 255bhp flywheel power as standard, where as others are closer to the 276.

This is the graph from my blue car, showing standard and de-cat, H-dev spacer and remap - started at 254bhp and went to 283 with mods:

350z%20standard%20vs%20decat%20spacer%20+%20remap.jpg

And this is my current silver car with the same no mods vs same mods - started at 278 and went to 309:

255680_10150263983260831_180058090830_9316793_3605553_n.jpg

Both cars had no faults as far as I could tell, but very different power outputs.

I seem to remember mine made 280ish bhp at the fly before Jez uprev'd it, after the uprev it gained about 20bhp and that is also on surrey rolling road so those figures do seem low. I'd be carrying out a compression check if it were my car