Removing Boot Couter weight guide...

dunc1n1101

Unless you're doing any other weight loss work it is pointless. All you will do is remove weight from a point that it's actually quite useful - over the driven wheels.

Edit, if the weightloss is to help the tailgate struts, this will be beneficial, but for best results go for the re-gas :thumbs:

I've got the same problem, I'm hoping for a bit of time when it's not raining this weekend to remove it.

SGS was recommended on here for getting the struts re-gassed, I got a quote of about £80 to gas them to a higher strength to cope with the added weight but I want to see how removing the weight goes first.

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gas-struts

Easy mate.. gently but firmly pull off the plastic trim then unbolt the weight and pop the trim back.

10/15 mins tops :thumbs:

Warning - it's a massive pain in the arse and far from simple....

Beg to differ matey that and the rear wiper delete are a couple of the easyest job on the 350. :shrug:

Warning - it's a massive pain in the arse and far from simple....

:shrug: Really? I done this the other week...took about 10 mins and couldn't believe it had taken me over a year to get round to doing it :wacko:

It worked for me, my boot now opens in one press and it doesn't fall on my head now. :yahoo:

Beg to differ matey that and the rear wiper delete are a couple of the easyest job on the 350. :shrug:

Phew that's a relief as I was going to do both in one go and I am a bit of a noob when it comes to modding :blush:

Worst that can happen Dave is that you'll break a finger nail.

Phew that's a relief as I was going to do both in one go and I am a bit of a noob when it comes to modding :blush:

Worst that can happen Dave is that you'll break a finger nail.

If I do I am blaming you girlfriend!

• 9 months later...