Hexis CF Vinyl re-skin

BulletMagnet

As some of you noticed on Facebook, I attemped a re-skin a couple of days ago.......with bad results after an incident involving superglue.

Skinned it ok, but while putting it all back together, some superglue managed to get on my finger which then touched the vinyl :rant:

In a rage I ripped it all off and went away to calm down :lol:

Called rtbiscuit to see if he had any more CF vinyl in and I was in luck.

Settled down to night to give it another go.

And it begins...

d6fd3a5a.jpg

All skinned...

483f400b.jpg

All back together with no issues...

be781628.jpg

And back in the Zed :yahoo:

f1462fbf.jpg

Where's the best place to get a small roll of this from?

possibly eBay for a small roll, i;d pick hexis over 3M from experience

I thought 3M was better quality than Hexis? I had my roof wrapped in black 3M as the Hexis in the light didn't look as good. Saying that, that was gloss wrap not CF

Nice job

Hexis > Di-Noc :thumbs:

thats hexis

I thought 3M was better quality than Hexis? I had my roof wrapped in black 3M as the Hexis in the light didn't look as good. Saying that, that was gloss wrap not CF

personally i prefer to wrap with hexis over 3M their carbon is a better looking finish than 3M

BM do you fancy having a go at my centre tunnel, I got some gloss black hexis and had it all looking good till I got to the heated seat switches and hazard button, then I fecked it up and it ended up in a ball :blush:

Best thing for that is getting a scalpel from a hobby/model shop. Local one sold one and spare blades for a fiver.

When wrapping near or around small switches, I'd rather trim the vinyl to the edge of the opening rather than try and wrap around the edge.

it will lift as the edge is small and you can't make a flap on the other side large enough to stop it from lifting.

BM do you fancy having a go at my centre tunnel, I got some gloss black hexis and had it all looking good till I got to the heated seat switches and hazard button, then I fecked it up and it ended up in a ball :blush:

Best thing for that is getting a scalpel from a hobby/model shop. Local one sold one and spare blades for a fiver.

When wrapping near or around small switches, I'd rather trim the vinyl to the edge of the opening rather than try and wrap around the edge.

it will lift as the edge is small and you can't make a flap on the other side large enough to stop it from lifting.

Yeah I had all the tools but unfortunately the biggest tool was doing the wrapping :blush:

It looked a bit too shiny anyway and I had second thoughts halfway through doing it so really it was just an excuse to get angry and screw it all up....

Funnily enough the same kind of thing happened earlier, I got 3 screen protectors for my tablet for £3 off fleabay ( i know :bang: ) and all 3 ended up screwed up into a ball :rant:

I don't think I have EVER managed to get one of those things to go on a phone or tablet perfectly without any bubbles or little bits of fluff underneath.... :rant::angry::rant::angry:

Yeah I had all the tools but unfortunately the biggest tool was doing the wrapping :blush:

It looked a bit too shiny anyway and I had second thoughts halfway through doing it so really it was just an excuse to get angry and screw it all up....

Funnily enough the same kind of thing happened earlier, I got 3 screen protectors for my tablet for £3 off fleabay ( i know :bang: ) and all 3 ended up screwed up into a ball :rant:

I don't think I have EVER managed to get one of those things to go on a phone or tablet perfectly without any bubbles or little bits of fluff underneath.... :rant::angry::rant::angry:

Every one of your attempts has been foiled...

:lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks superb - somwant to try mine now!

Mind me asking what prep you did to the console before wrapping?

Did you smooth it with filler or literally wrap the console as is? Worried the surface wouldn't take the wrap very well.

• 1 month later...