Visit . Chester/Liverpool.

Builder49

Do you have any idea what day and time? I'm a bit of a hermit and should make more effort with the very friendly local folks however SWMBO has pretty much booked up my weekend with a probable run out along the coast somewhere.

However mycar is in having open heart surgery as we speak (Clutch and Flywheel - Thanks Mr ZMANALEX) so I'll be driving like miss Daisy if we do :lol:

Don't forget the F A cup semi final derby as well!

Liverpool will be one giant scrap on Saturday!

... as it's usually such a quiet little town? :lol: to be fair I think it would be extra horrific this weekend :scare:

Although I'm a Cestrian I'm out of the country at the moment so there'll be no appearances of the elusive Squee.

Hope you have a nice time Builder - the Evo triangle roads aren't too far so you could have nice detour on the way home if you're travelling back down south.

S.

It's doubtful I'll be able to make an appearance due to work commitments and a PITA vendor.

As Squee says I would steer clear of Liverpool on Saturday but there are some great roads not too far away from Chester in North Wales and Chester itself is quite small and is worthy of a wander.

Lived in the area all my life and I still find stuff out now... like the lion on top of the NCP on Pepper Street I only noticed the other week. :lol:

Lived in the area all my life and I still find stuff out now... like the lion on top of the NCP on Pepper Street I only noticed the other week. :lol:

...that used to be on top of the Police HQ near the castle before the knocked it down :thumbs:

...that used to be on top of the Police HQ near the castle before the knocked it down :thumbs:

Ahh that make sense as to why I hadnt noticed it before and why it's a little out of place, jeez what an eyesore that place was.... so the Lion missed being atop a 60's eyesore so they placed it on another :lol:

I'm going to take the little tour bus around during the summer as I've neevr actually done it.

And theoreticaly, you can shoot me with your bow and arrow if I'm within the City walls after dark. :wacko:

And Handbridge used to be part of Wales. (still wind my mother-in-law up about that one,cos she lives there :lol: )

And theoreticaly, you can shoot me with your bow and arrow if I'm within the City walls after dark. :wacko:

Yeah we use that one on Welsh friends on work nights out... to be fair I think most of us in the area must have a fair bit of Welsh DNA in us (awaits the smut).

Talking of works night out I think your wife was out on one last Thursday... I may have it wrong though.

My girlfriend actually lives in a road where her side are in Wales and the other side is in England... Free prescriptions all the way :lol:

My girlfriend actually lives in a road where her side are in Wales and the other side is in England... Free prescriptions all the way :lol:

That would be Boundary Lane then as it's the only road that I'm aware of that has one half in each country.

to be fair I think most of us in the area must have a fair bit of Welsh DNA in us

:scare:

Pete

Jetset, I'm sure most of us in born in the area have some Welsh geneology...

At least one of my grandparents was 100% Welsh. I thought you may get the road/area, hopefully not for much longer ;)

Sorry Builder for hijacking your thread, I'm not sure why you're in this part of the world but we are quite lucky with the countryside/roads/banter as you can see :lol: Enjoy your stay/visit

SMD - you arent far off the truth for some areas

Jetset, I'm sure most of us in born in the area have some Welsh geneology...

Well, my father was born in Overton on Dee. Although his family lived in Worthenbury Cheshire, Overton was the closest maternity hospital. Most of my ancestors seem to have arrived in Merseyside via Ireland though :)

Pete

Sorry Builder for hijacking your thread, I'm not sure why you're in this part of the world but we are quite lucky with the countryside/roads/banter as you can see :lol: Enjoy your stay/visit

Visiting a friend. She lives in Runcorn..... Don't know Runcorn area at all, so dare I even bring the Zed, or would I be safer in the bulletproof Navara? :lol::lol:

(not literally bulletproof, just rugged and hard as nails) :lol:

Visiting a friend. She lives in Runcorn..... Don't know Runcorn area at all, so dare I even bring the Zed, or would I be safer in the bulletproof Navara? :lol::lol:

(not literally bulletproof, just rugged and hard as nails) :lol:

Hmmm how best to describe Runcorn ........well it's main redeeming feature is the express way leading out.....and that saying something because it takes you to widnes!

Basically it died in 1973