So who went to work in there Zed in the snow then?

AMT

As the title suggests lol. Came out of nowhere that, brilliant week of sun then.... i wake up to a couple of inches of snow. now its gone...and its snowing...again MAKE UP YOUR MIND WEATHER!

mainly as I don't have another car I can use

We like this comment :thumbs: As... I... also have no other car or would be able to afford another one... especially if I get a Zed lol.

I used mine for my commute this morning (as it's my only car) and got caught out in the snow, I've had it a week and a half now, so still 'learning the ropes' (and getting used to the high clutch bite) :teeth:

Made my drive into work an 'interesting' experience, especially as my last car was an Audi TT Quattro.

Gave a whole new meaning to the words 'snow drift'! :lol::scare:

Drove up a 60 road near a factory at my bit this morning to get to work. Well know for being horridly icey and bad during winter... as i toddled down it at about 20... a BMW 58' 3series drove past the other way as if it wasn't icey at all! I think some people are just... good drivers perhaps? lol I've tried to move my friends old 57 M spec 3Series in snow... its fat tyres moved...hardly. Yet in the bad weather we had last time where the country came to a stop... a guy in a 3series was doing better than most front wheel stuff.... lol

We were lucky - no snow here, just torrential rain and v windy. I went out in my Zed but wouldn't have risked it in snow and ice as I live down miles of single track lanes with water filled dykes either side. Not much scope for error :scare:

Its hills to get out of my town. Should make it interesting going to work next year when the Zed is present. ...Oh yes..only car lol. And if its really bad, it can sit in the car park and ill train it. :dry: A workm8 has an S2000... and they don't have any form of TC and he comes in... every winter... lol Brave son of a ... lol

Dont advise it with 20" on luckly never got snow by me this time but was intresting when i did before narrow wheels are best for snow other wise if you like staring at your cars ass while trying to go in a straight line its fun i took up two lanes :lol::lol: even managed to spray someone on other side off the road with snow as they had there window open looked like they was in an averlantch just as i got grip just to see snow dripping off his nose :cold::rant::byebye:

Just caught a glimpse of a previous post .."high clutch bite"... no Zed ive driven, theres been a few... has ever had a high biting point??? How far up is normal? Usually i would give half way up the pedal. anything upwards is... well id be weary. Just thinking, since now close to buying. Any advice on that people??

My clutch pedal sits really high (higher than the brake pedal).

I was a bit concerned as I know new clutches ain't cheap. A quick search revealed this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=52268

I don't feel so alone anymore, or worried about my clutch. Gonna try the adjustment detailed in the thread this weekend.

Hope this helps :thumbs:

:thumbs: Thanks. I'm trying desperatley to remember on the 3 or so test drives i've done if I had any issues with bite, but don't think so.... maybe i was ok with it at the time?, who knows. I'll keep that in mind when I'm hunting. Maybe not a high pedal, but certainly used to a high biting point, the Coupes are known for it. Takes time to get used to it. (eg. i will sometimes pump the revs, its that tricky if im sitting and having to start stop start stop in traffic, just sometimes doesn't wana come on smoothly. pain in the ...bum. :blush: (and thats with a new clutch 2 yr ago and it still felt the same...obviously less broken and working however lol ).

Just caught a glimpse of a previous post .."high clutch bite"... no Zed ive driven, theres been a few... has ever had a high biting point??? How far up is normal? Usually i would give half way up the pedal. anything upwards is... well id be weary. Just thinking, since now close to buying. Any advice on that people??

I don't think it's just that the biting point is high, it's that it comes on pretty sudden when you reach it too. I've adjusted mine to sit pretty much level with the brake and the clutch bites about an inch up from the floor. I just didn't like searching for the biting point each time I moved off from lights or whatever and then go bouncing up the road like a kangaroo.

Horses for courses and all that...

Trying to drive my Z in the snow is possibly the most fruitless exercise I've ever encountered. Once had to dig myself out of less than an inch of snow!! Unfortunately, repeated swearing made no difference to my ability to get out of the ice!

Mind you, going sideways is fun!