Midnight 313 Looked at..Is it yours? Plus Question

AMT

Had a look at a 313 Midnight Blue today, not sure about the colour.. doesn't stand out I think. And the white leather looked good but I can't help think...somethings gonna happen to that... lol Guy "said" was traded in for a 370Z, from a guy who works in the oil rigs... is it yours? lol (situated in Livingston Nissan... and quite tidy if I may add! - Also had a private plate on it, assuming that would come off as its prob the new 370 owners lol).

One thing that caught my eye thats never done with others ive looked at. the bonnet. Its tight at the front, looked shut properly but... half way up each side looked a bit... up, like it just didn't quite go flush. and when you push on it the bonnet went down slightly. Is this me being paranoid (check next time your out lol). The sides half way between the lamp and window, push on it... does it go down? Or should it be tight and not move at all. Random one I know but... worth asking.

Cheers!

Looked tidy, got to see it without it being valeted first. So as it came... Dusty but thats it. about 33K or something like that on the clock. Amazingly no scrapes on the inside grabs... you know the rubbery feeling ones (aka the only one on the drivers) always have scrapes from rings and stuff... gets on my nerves. Watch what your doing! :lol: ... i may buy your car lol ;) . Discs and pads all good, no lips on em really. Tyres seemed ot be good. Just the colour really... bit.. conservative. (says the guy who likes silver but hey...it shines in the sun lol)

Just for you I have been outside and given it a push...it's pretty flush mate and no movement :headhurt:

Sprax

Yeah same here. I watched the guy fit my HR bonnet and it took him a while to get it lined up correctly. If the bonnet has been off for any reason it may just need adjusting.

Pete

Thank you! I knew it wasnt right lol. It is a classy colour for the zed ill give u tht, i jst like a bit more... Shine lol. Hadnt seen any pics b4 i went to see it so i thought it was azure lol thanks again!

I know what you mean about the midnight blue. The only other 313 roadster I looked at when i bought mine (only other one in a 100mile radius of my house in fact) was a midnight blue one. It was a minter, but the colour looked so boring. Sort of colour your`d see on an old mans skoda. Really put me off it.

Saying that, i did have an old mini 1000 about 10 years back in the same colour, and with a white roof and white mini cooper bonnet stripes it looked nice. Not sure they would translate onto a zed tho. :lol:

I really want a silver one and failing that... if its a good deal ill go for a grey but, i'm not brave enough for...say... ORANGE lol Still a bit expensive though monthly wise cos i wanna do it over 3 yrs. Sometimes when I look at some of these on the net i just wanna go F%*K IT! and buy one.. and cost myself more money than needed. :blush: (did that with the coupe mind you... 5 yrs..never again).

Sounds very similar to my old car but don't think it is. My car went to a dealer in Weston and didn't have a private plate. My car was very straight, zero issues. My 370z has been sold as well :byebye: as I'm in negotiations for a new job in Toronto.

I really want a silver one and failing that... if its a good deal ill go for a grey but, i'm not brave enough for...say... ORANGE lol Still a bit expensive though monthly wise cos i wanna do it over 3 yrs. Sometimes when I look at some of these on the net i just wanna go F%*K IT! and buy one.. and cost myself more money than needed. :blush: (did that with the coupe mind you... 5 yrs..never again).

Make sure you factor in all the running costs, esp if you are getting it on finance over 3 years. They soon add up!!!

Don't worry, I have. Tax... its over a year a couple hundred more for a 300 upwards not gonna kill me. Insurance...I've enquired..its dear... but so is the strippers...and I didn't mind that on my m8s stag :lol: Put it this way... I don't get paid a huge wage, I'm not rich... but I don't have any real commitments... so.... have a guess where some of the cash will go B) AND... ive had a helping hand....via the tax man.. (thread in the OFF TOPIC section) lol :yahoo:

Oh heres to add to that then

Make sure you factor in all the running costs, esp if you are getting it on finance over 3 years. They soon add up!!!

I run 30miles a day to work in total. 15 there and back and whatever driving inbetween, friends, shop whatever... Averagely ill spend currently on fuel about £150-180 on fuel a month. How much is a good estimate of 350 fuel a month for this sort of daily driving?? *expects this to be sky high* ...and yet if im not driving like a hooligan..(all the time :blush: ) apparently people gettin 25-30 on cruises? ...don't always have to overtake someone on the way to work :dry: lol

Wonder what Tranquillbass spends (if you see this, im not being cheeky and nosey lol) cos I see him kickin about in his and i dont think it short distances he does?

Everytime you've spotted us i've been heading in and out of work. I get roughly 25.4 mpg travelling between home and work over in Livi, with a couple of trips into the recording studio in Glasgow a week, and typically put in ~£88 every fortnight. So tank is never empty when I fill it up by get generally 350 miles out of that.

I like that...detail. :thumbs: Livi from where you are, about the same distance as I would go or maybe more? £90 every 2weeks (super i assume) sounds just fine for me. Was expecting a lot worse than that tbh.

Thank you m8! Much appreciated. :)

To be honest, as long as I don't hoof it... I've got a horrid suspicion I'm gonna get (not exact) but not too far off my fuel consumption just now... (yes its that bad...)except with the Zed... its got near 300 or so bhp... I'm okay with that...funnily enough. :lol:

Round trip to the office is 46 miles in total, generally M8 all the way in in the morning and M8 to Shotts and old Edi Road part your bit on the way home unless the M8 is running clear. Always fill up with Tesco Momentum or if their out across to Shell for some V-Power, latter being only a couple of quid more in price. Only do 3 days in the office a week the other 2 from home. Our studio is in Shettleston and normally in there once/twice a week, which is about a 35 mile round trip. As I said, typically get 345-355 miles out that when the gauge gets low enough for me to want to put more in.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the midnight blue one at Livi Nissan at the weekend and if i think can stomach the petrol costs might just take it of them.

I quite like the blue colour but it would be better it it was just a touch lighter, i though the car was black first two times i drove past it.

It is clean has 29k on the clock but i'll be having a second look at that bonnet.

Oh heres to add to that then

I run 30miles a day to work in total. 15 there and back and whatever driving inbetween, friends, shop whatever... Averagely ill spend currently on fuel about £150-180 on fuel a month. How much is a good estimate of 350 fuel a month for this sort of daily driving?? *expects this to be sky high* ...and yet if im not driving like a hooligan..(all the time :blush: ) apparently people gettin 25-30 on cruises? ...don't always have to overtake someone on the way to work :dry: lol

Wonder what Tranquillbass spends (if you see this, im not being cheeky and nosey lol) cos I see him kickin about in his and i dont think it short distances he does?

I knocked up a spreadsheet a while back to workout the running costs of mine. I paid outright for mine, so no loan on it. But even so, depreciation (rough estimate of 2k a year, although i wont really know until i come to sell it), insurance, tax, tyres, MOT, servicing etc. etc. All come to about £450 a month. I do 90->100 miles a day round trip commute, and get 25mpg (driving like a grand-dad). Petrol works out at another £450 a month. So, all in all its costing me at least £900 a month. Now, thats assuming nothing major needs replacing, like exhaust, clutch or anything else, which would obviously jack it up a bit more. If your getting yours on finance, then you`ll need to add that cost to it also.

90-100 miles a day?! No wonder you spend a fortune. I can safely say you'll have a higher wage than me lol. If i was doin' that kinda mileage I wouldn't even consider a sports car (as it will be my only car) lol.

But hey, have it be said I see a gd few kickin about on a daily basis going to work so must be their only car...(either that or they like to burn fuel... lol) Tranquill bass from time to time, always see the grey pre-300' in eurocentral, who never replies so doubt hes a member lol. And a silver one from time to time also.

Put it this way, 26, at the parents for the moment, 30 mile a day round trip to work, 5 days, yearly wage (with bonuses) 25K a year... obviously i get less as thats before tax. And its getting done, it will be bought, and i will love every damn minute of it lol. Compared to anything else, for the looks, the pace,the type of car its not that bad on running costs. The fuel is not far off the same as mine (shocking as it makes me feel), as i said tax... well.. its yearly so ..just work and £460 isnt hard to come by and insurance. its gonna be dear,you just need to factor that in lol. Basically the only item that should bother me is fuel... and it doesn't. So... unless (touch woooood) something goes balls up in it, I should enjoy a nice time with the new car. very...very ...soon :)