your car history??? pics please

theheff

Very nice Z32 Sam Mcgoo. Was that in the revived stock Pearl Yellow? Looks quite bright, but then most peal yellow ones you see around are faded to anything still on the original paint.

Thanks Bronzee, I loved that car. I had it just over 7 years. I bought the Supra as a replacement for it but couldn't bring myself to sell it so kept it to drive on sunny days with the roof off. B)

Your right the original Pearl yellow had faded to more of a mustard yellow. My missus then decided to reverse into the front of it on the driveway in 2004 :bang:

cardamage001.jpg

I took the opportunity to put a facelift bumper on it and have it all resprayed in the OEM colour back to its original lustre.

10.jpg

1.jpg

I sold that and the Supra to get the Z33. :byebye:

mymotors001.jpg

First car, Opel Manta Berlinetta.....(not my pic)

5908961050_d21a85aae0_b.jpg

Second car, Rover 214 SLi......(again, not my pic)

smallcar.JPG

Third, Nissan 200SX.....(stolen pic again, i wish I'd had a camera :lol: )

NI_S101_F001_M001_1_L.jpg

Fourth, Mazda MX5......

MX55.jpg

Fifth and current, Datsun 260Z......

myzed.jpg

Sixth and current, my other blue Zed.......

350z.jpg

Dalos - one of my relations still mourns the passing of his Opel Manta to this day :D

My ownership was quite sad really. I was eighteen when I bought it, and was awe struck with it. Unfortunately, after three days it blew a head gasket. I didn't have a clue what I was doing but decided to start stripping the engine anyway (stripping far more than I needed to as well :blush: ).

I laid all the bits down in the garage and labelled them up for easy refitting, but after a while winter kicked in and it got too cold for me. I decided to leave it and have beers and stuff for a few months until the weather improved. Sometime the following summer I went into the garage to the sight of many many orange bits of metal all over the place!!! :wacko:

It got scrapped not long after that. :blush:

My first car was one of these, a 1959 Standard Ten bought in 1971 , Built like a tank, wish I had garaged it now.

DSC_03581.jpg

Amazing but true - so was mine - but it was 1958 in a powder blue colour. Subsequently I went downmarket to a Standard 8, which if I recall correctly did not allow you to access the boot from the outside :lol:

Seeing as I only passed my test in 2006 I don't have an illustrious car past I am afraid...

Day after I passed my test I bought a Mazda 6 2.3l Sport

mazda6.jpg

Traded that in a year later for a brand new Seat Leon TDI FR (WHich I still have)

Leon.jpg

Briefly had a Hyundai Coupe :surrender:

Hyundai-1.jpg

Before getting this beauty 2 and a half years ago B)

23264776.jpg?t=1331908064

SMD - I notice the "surrender" flag against the Hyundai Coupe - any reason for that - it's just that my son-in-law has just bought one! :headhurt:

Well I had a 2l SE (2005) and they are a nice looking car but I found it awful to drive, underpowered and very little torque. You had to rev the nuts off it to get anything out of it and it rattled like a bag of bolts in a washing machine. Oh and it was as uneconomical as my Zed....

I didn't like it at all, it was really for Mary as she had always wanted a black coupe and to be fair it was a nice step up from her 1l punto, but whenever I drove it I wished I was in the Leon....

On the plus side I paid £6k for it and a year later traded it in against the Zed for £5,700 at S2004U :thumbs:

I am sure your son-in-law will be happy with it, they look lovely (bit like an old Ferarri) but it handles badly and is slow, even the V6 version is barely quicker.

This is the best thread ever!

Most of my early cars were utter crap (mk 2 cavaliers, rover 414, peugeot 106, 1.0l polo), but my first half-decent car was a peugeot 306 1.9tdi, this was followed by an Audi A3 1.8T, a Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup (best handling car I have ever owner!), an Audi A3 3.2 V6 (quick but very clinical), a Skoda Fabia vRS ( :yawn: ) and finally the zed!

The zed is easily the most fun, but after the diesel it's still making me cry every time I fill up!

p.s. the only car other than the zed I have a picture of is the 3.2 A3 and it didn't look very exciting to be honest...

SMD - I notice the "surrender" flag against the Hyundai Coupe - any reason for that - it's just that my son-in-law has just bought one! :headhurt:

Well I had a 2l SE (2005) and they are a nice looking car but I found it awful to drive, underpowered and very little torque. You had to rev the nuts off it to get anything out of it and it rattled like a bag of bolts in a washing machine. Oh and it was as uneconomical as my Zed....

I didn't like it at all, it was really for Mary as she had always wanted a black coupe and to be fair it was a nice step up from her 1l punto, but whenever I drove it I wished I was in the Leon....

On the plus side I paid £6k for it and a year later traded it in against the Zed for £5,700 at S2004U :thumbs:

I am sure your son-in-law will be happy with it, they look lovely (bit like an old Ferarri) but it handles badly and is slow, even the V6 version is barely quicker.

Hmmm ...it's exactly that model he's bought. It was cheap and with a very good history. He didn't like it at first but now says he likes a lot - interesting to note your observations though....I think I'll keep my own council :dry: That was a good deal by the way ;)