JWT Pop Charger

Whazza22

Hi all,

I see alot of members have a JWT Pop Charger but many people say they slow you down.

Can someone tell me the advantages of having one and how good they are?

Thanks

JWT claim a 6.5hp increase... but I'd take that with a grain of salt. I have one installed and cannot determine any difference in performance.

Advantages: Increase aural pleasure :cloud9:

It's quite possibly the most popular mod among 350z owners - I can't imagine you'd be disappointed if you bought it. An 06+ airbox with drop-in K&N filter has been proven to be the best performing intake mod, but at the end of the day, intake mods on the Z are always going to give negligible horsepower gains so you may as well get something that sounds great :)

The don't really slow you down, in fact at higher speeds I expect they do indeed give you a little bit extra, but at slow speeds or pulling away from standing you get a slight hesitation, almost like the engine has to take a deep breath....

Sound is awesome though, I have one but I also have a standard aurbox & panel filter :thumbs:

Ok thanks :)

Was just checking as I read online that the ecu needs to adjust to the new air intake

The Zed has an intelligent ECU which is learning.

So if the intake did actually give you the 6bhp JWT claim, then the ECU would simply dial this back down to the stock bhp. But a pop charger wont give you any ponies due to heat soak.

But for looks and sound, they are fantastic. Any loss you make in power, unless you are obsessed with power figures or you track your car, the regular butt dyno won't be able to notice any difference.