GTR......LPG converted!

HEADPHONES

A friend of mine owns a tyre fitting place a said he had a guy come in with his GTR who was showing him his LPG conversion.

I would have thought if you could afford to run a GTR properly fuel would not be that much of an issue.

Do you guys reckon it would impact on the performance? Deffo reckon it would affect resale value. All I could say when he first told me was WTF!

Depend what system he is running. If its a Prins system you can run the car on as close to standard as possible. I don't see why people knock LPG as the new systems are great. The old ones where cack. They also have load based valve care dosing systems to.

:shrug: well that just shows I know nowt about LPG - its just 'morally' wrong :lol: running a beast like that on anything but planet destroying fossil derived fuel :p

You could even keep the "normal" tank but fill it with 120 octane race fuel for when the LPG wasnt enough :evil:

LPG doesnt lubricate like fuel does , so you normally see more engine wear especially piston rings.

I have had a first hand experience with LPG & rings on my old VW van, 98000 & bang :byebye:

But on the other hand my dads V8 Audi on LPG 150000 & still going strong

Seriously why? I bet the conversion cost a pretty penny too. Whats the point in buying a car like that and defiling it so! It's not right.

See my comments on other page, it will actually be able to run more boost and go even faster, while costing less in fuel. There isnt actually a downside. :thumbs: