TVR's...anyone partial? Check this old Chimaera

Richsouth

What you guys think about this? Anyone have any knowledge or experience of them? I thinks its tasty! and the engine is amazing in these!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

I read up on TVR's quite a bit when thinking of getting something mental before the world finally implodes and we're all made to live in small sancuaries that will protect us from the ravaged outer world, whilst wearing green jump suits and eating the jellfied remains of our friends and colleagues.

The problem is they are an absolute example of a turd being polished - don't get me wrong this turd has been lovingly baked and caringly rubbed with Megs Ultimate and a DA polisher before being waxed and sealed but a turd it remains.

The electrics are fooked, everything is stolen from another car and generally haphazardly bolted together.......bottom line you'll be sat in a cloud of steam more often than you'll be actually moving.

Such a shame,

What you guys think about this? Anyone have any knowledge or experience of them? I thinks its tasty! and the engine is amazing in these!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

I read up on TVR's quite a bit when thinking of getting something mental before the world finally implodes and we're all made to live in small sancuaries that will protect us from the ravaged outer world, whilst wearing green jump suits and eating the jellfied remains of our friends and colleagues.

The problem is they are an absolute example of a turd being polished - don't get me wrong this turd has been lovingly baked and caringly rubbed with Megs Ultimate and a DA polisher before being waxed and sealed but a turd it remains.

The electrics are fooked, everything is stolen from another car and generally haphazardly bolted together.......bottom line you'll be sat in a cloud of steam more often than you'll be actually moving.

Such a shame,

Agreed Ricey, I considered a number of cars before finally settling on the Zed, a TVR being one of them. They sound amazing, they also shift and provide a very satisfying driving experience when you get in to the groove and control that power on the a's and b's.

However, the potential for mechanical or electrical gremlins, perhaps more politely described as 'brand eccentricities' to appear (as they would) just put me off. It would be ok if you had a stable of 5 or 6 different cars, then you could have TVR to 'tinker' with and drive it through some of the summer months.

If that was my intention though, I think I would rather have a nice Triumph Stag. Then I could understand if it was a bit temprimental, being built in the 1970's. For a car like this TVR, built in the mid 90's, I don't know if I could be so forgiving.

yeah, it would be phenomenal when its working, but i just dont think that would be very often... i considered one when i was thinking about a zed, but after having bad experiences with other early nineties sports cars, i decided it had to be something modern.

TVRs are awesome, no doubt about it, and the sound they make is :cloud9: , but i dont think i could live with one day to day, an S2000 would be a way better bet these days.

Of course we all know someone who has had a nightmare with a TVR :shrug: but they're gorgeous and if you can afford to spend the time on it and it has at least had one complete rebuild I'd go for it - gotta have one at some point in your life haven't you? :teeth:

Of course we all know someone who has had a nightmare with a TVR :shrug: but they're gorgeous and if you can afford to spend the time on it and it has at least had one complete rebuild I'd go for it - gotta have one at some point in your life haven't you? :teeth:

Totally agree and unfortunately i am defiantly not at that point in my life :(

On goes the Zed hunting......