Warped dba's *Updated* - may not be discs afterall

Roo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent result and good to know as I have just put DBA's on all round :lol:

The rear discs are fine i believe :lol: I believe from what Ewen at Clark said it was just one side at the front.

The thing with this sort of problem is unless you have a garage yourself you are totally reliant on others to do the checking etc. Fortunalty Noble Motorsport was nothing to do with the place that fitted them so could give an independant opinion and i imagine will have seen abused discs etc.

Just was gearing myself up for a struggle so am very impressed withthe way its been handled. :thumbs:

New update.... looks like there may be a hub problem... the garage are continuing investigations new hub is on its way and discs are going back.

Not very amused as they said they had checked the hub already so im not sure how it was missed or if it was just discounted. But have said they would be suprised if it could have caused the runout as the hub deformation is very small but in the abscence of anyting else its the only thing they can think of as it was still there. :thumbdown:

Given that the cars not been in any prangs/hit curb in my ownership the only thing it can be put down to is a pot hole or something. But i imagine I will never really know. :byebye:

So waiting on new hub then check the old disks are ok. Many thanks to CS and Clark for their help and hopefully this will get sorted!

Bum... again...

Ok.. So new hub on - run out checked. Discs back on runout checked.... All ok.

Road test..... vibration still there.... :rant:

Im getting really annoyed now - any ideas anyone? To be precise the vibration only occurs around the 60mph under medium to firm braking. Its throught the steering wheel.

Firm braking - no noticable vibration (though that may be because its decelerating to fast),

Soft braking - no noticable vibration,

Braking at lower speeds - no noticable vibration.

Im giving it till the weekend and then im going to start looking at other cars :bang:

did you actually test it with the new discs before they were sent back

Aparently there was no significant runout when the discs ar on and in the air.

Noble are saying though that the runout out on a hub flange is only normally seen if the car had hit something. Which unless it did it whilst i wasnt looking it hasnt!

They cant see evidence on the bearing of an impact so they are baffled. Given the strength of the hub flange they woudlhave expected the bearing to go if it had been hit hard enough to deform it. Has the disk damaged the hub flange (is that even possible!) or vice versa? Or is it something else.

They also are baffled how come there is no apparent run out on discs ( in the air ) yet vibration is still there.

The new discs are still sat with Noble but I have already forked out for hub, if they bang new discs on and it doesnt do the job ill still have to pay for them.

Otherwise its re-face the disks to get rid of any irregularities but again more pennies..... and is the disc still going to carry some deformation?

way to prove outright if it is the discs or not is to change for the new ones seeing as the hubs have been changed and nothing improved. If they still have them its worth a try at least, if anything to rule it out or not. Perhaps explain the situation to DBA and see if they are willing for you to test this without you being out of pocket

Weird, did you not get told that disc where fubared? I'm confused.

Nobel seem to think they can be refaced. But i dont want the problem coming back.

If they've not been refaced how would the problem have gone away? if there was a runout would that not still be there even though the hub has been replaced? (in the disc)

The runout thats left after the hub had been replaced i believe was acceptable...but when measured in the air. Its almost like its only when its under preassure. Aparently they have checked suspension, calipers etc. So any ideas?

The runout thats left after the hub had been replaced i believe was acceptable...but when measured in the air. Its almost like its only when its under preassure. Aparently they have checked suspension, calipers etc. So any ideas?

if they've checked that, not really... try and re-bed them.