Warped dba's *Updated* - may not be discs afterall

Roo

Car fixed. £ 700 and a hub lighter (thanks alex). Noble are not convinced it wont come back as they are still puzzled as to how the hub deformed and why it had created such a problem. But at least its sorted.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really glad that you are sorted mate :thumbs:

So I guess that a new hub and a rotor resurface fixed your issue and that the problem only occured because of the hub issue and not faulty DBA rotors as previously thought.

Alex. :)

Really glad that you are sorted mate :thumbs:

So I guess that a new hub and a rotor resurface fixed your issue and that the problem only occured because of the hub issue and not faulty DBA rotors as previously thought.

Alex. :)

Cheers fella Noble are keeping your details...they described you and clark as "Good contacts". :thumbs:

what has them puzzled is what damaged the hub. Also the guys that resurfaced the discs thought there were "castings" but we think that was just the kangeroo paw confusing them.

Just bedded them in and seem ok. :)

I've had a similar problem

In the past with my rear left the hub itself was warped by 0.07mm which translates at the outer edge of the disk to 0.2mm runout which =vibrations!!

Car has never hit anything but the rear left hub is warped. I could only fix it by putting in a 4 thou shim and rotating the disk until total runout dropped below 0.05mm. Not vibes since.

So yes a hub can warp without an impact or I believe it can.

I've had a similar problem

In the past with my rear left the hub itself was warped by 0.07mm which translates at the outer edge of the disk to 0.2mm runout which =vibrations!!

Car has never hit anything but the rear left hub is warped. I could only fix it by putting in a 4 thou shim and rotating the disk until total runout dropped below 0.05mm. Not vibes since.

So yes a hub can warp without an impact or I believe it can.

Potholes? what do yoi think?