How to make your zed feel 4 times as quick!

rabbitstew

Ive been using my missus`s old 90bhp diesel shed for this last 2 weeks to try and save a bit on the fuel costs. Her shed does nearly 50mpg compared to my zeds 25mpg. Makes a big difference when you do nearly 100miles a day commuting.

Anyway, decided to use the zed today for the first time in about 10 days, and OMG. It felt like someone had turbo charged it. It felt so much more quicker than it did last time I drove it. I floored it in 2nd and nearly left a brown smoke trail. Even gently touching the accelerator in 6th at motorway speeds and the car instantly takes off. Amazing!

So, for anyone who is wanting more power from their zed, id highly recommend buying an old shed, use it for a week or 2, then get back in your zed. It will feel like you have gained another 300bhp. Nice, cheap performance mod!!!

:thumbs:

Have been ferrying around the wife in the Focus a bit lately so not been using the Zed for a couple of days, then yes step back into it and you realise it has a fair bit of ooompf! Nearly stalled it as the clutch was so immediate and heavy!

Hmmm me too. Mines been on the driveway since early December (I couldn't bring myself to drive it with my naff winter wheels on). Got my MOT booked for next week and will re tax it from 1st March - cant wait! I've been driving a 1.3 Mk 6 Fiesta instead so I'm expecting big things when I get it back :D

This is definitely the best £/hp mod you can do! Haha.

My Zed was with Abbey whilst I was on holiday, and for a few days I was driving around my Saxo. It 's a VTR so felt quite nippy once upon a time, but is a complete and utter shed nowadays, dirty and falling apart! Stepping back in to the Zed was a wonderful feeling.. I had to double check that I hadn't asked Abbey to supercharge it!

yeah I missed some really nice days to be fair....

I guess I've scored with the saving on fuel but just pricing up the insurance renewal, tax, MOT and other bits I need sorting its going to be at least a Grand just to get it back on the road!

I just had my road tax renewal hit the door mat this morning £460 ! :scare: Had the insurance just before xmas which was nearly a grand, new tyres before xmas which was £500. And my MOT needs to be done next week which apparently is £58 at the place im going to. Then people wonder why the car costs me £860 a month to run!!

Still, im looking forward to my drive home tonight. Might even put the roof down! :thumbs:

Put my z away mid december.Been using my ranger pick up day to day.Took the girlfriend out in our other car a rover 25 1.4 and couldnt believe how fast it seemed in comparison to the truck,she even called me a sad b*stard when i was grinning coming off a roundabout on the redline in 2nd. :drive1

Ive had the z in the workshop this week for a service,belts and fitment of my berks and ams pulleys so it will probably feel very fast indeed.

Gonna tax it on 1st of march and get it booked in at RS to sort out a tweak to the uprev for the new cats.

Quite excited really,cant wait.Like waiting for a new car again.Hope the mice dont eat my seats and wiring in the next 2 weeks,they've made short work of the saxo's cobra buckets even though its full of poison! :angry:

Mines has been away getting worked on since August.

Driving a van every day just now so even jumping into the swift sport, that feels quick as hell. The zeds gonna be scary to drive again especially coming back with over 100hp more :drive1

Mines has been away getting worked on since August.

:scare:

Thats a long time. Your right. After driving a van every day you`ll feel like your driving the space shuttle when you get back in the zed!!! :thumbs:

My drive home last night was pretty boring really.. stuck at 70mph for about 30miles and then on the only bit where I can really give it some stick I was stuck behind a lorry doing 40. Made me realise that if I only used the zed for weekend fun and used a shed during the week then id probably enjoy it a lot more. Luckily i can use my missus old car until her insurance runs out on it in April. :thumbs:

Marzman said...

(I couldn't bring myself to drive it with my naff winter wheels on).

Hope that wasn't down to my anonymous spotted note :blush:

Got mine booked in for its M.O.T next Thursday and tax it March. Got to get the LMGT4s refurbed and then we can have that Macc Posse meet.

Been driving the works T4 all over winter so should feel like an F1 car. :yahoo:

Well had another nice ride out this weekend. Weather was great, so roof down and had great fun giving it some beans with the K1 screaming out. Made me realise even more just how loud that exhaust is. It really is shocking.

At one point someone in a 2009 BMW 335i coupe thought they would try and show me how quick their car was off a roundabout in 2nd gear. I was actually supprised at just how much quicker my zed was. In fact he tried it several times without any luck. Certainly put a big smile on my face. :thumbs:

Reserving the zed for just weekend fun definately seems to be the way forward, and with the nice weather coming, im looking forward to more roof down action.

Only downer was that my roof struggled to go down properly. It got to the very last stage when the folded roof goes into the storage compartment, just before the plastic lid comes down and it just wouldnt go in. It was as if it was stuck. A few open/close open/close`s and it jolted down okay. Its as if something was sticking on it. I`ll have to try and investigate a bit more when I get some spare time.

"Only downer was that my roof struggled to go down properly. It got to the very last stage when the folded roof goes into the storage compartment, just before the plastic lid comes down and it just wouldnt go in. It was as if it was stuck. A few open/close open/close`s and it jolted down okay. Its as if something was sticking on it. I`ll have to try and investigate a bit more when I get some spare time"

Would you please post if you are able to find the reason for the "sticking" in the hood retraction action when you have the time. Mine did this once and not since but would be very interested to hear your findings and corrective action.

Cheers and happy top down days ahead!

"Only downer was that my roof struggled to go down properly. It got to the very last stage when the folded roof goes into the storage compartment, just before the plastic lid comes down and it just wouldnt go in. It was as if it was stuck. A few open/close open/close`s and it jolted down okay. Its as if something was sticking on it. I`ll have to try and investigate a bit more when I get some spare time"

Would you please post if you are able to find the reason for the "sticking" in the hood retraction action when you have the time. Mine did this once and not since but would be very interested to hear your findings and corrective action.

Cheers and happy top down days ahead!

Will do. Its as if the mechanism is getting caught on something. You can see the motor has enough torque and is trying to pull the roof down, but its not having it. Its had to see when you look, so i`ll have to enlist an assistant to operate the mechanism whilst i look at the roof. Will see if i can do that this weekend.

Strange how yours only did it once, then now is okay though!