Introduction and rapid newbie wipe my bum question

luka761

Ok I've been reading and browsing all day and my bloody eyes hurt! A few questions that I can't find answers to and I'm hoping a guru of massive knowledge will help;

1. How much can I expect to get for my v1 Track Rays with decent state Potenzas. (i know this is condition dependant so an approximate figure would be fine)

2. I've see some decent alloys online that I like the look of but I'm wary of buying wheels that are extremely heavy since it will affect the performance of the car and I can't see the weight anywhere in the wheel description. Are there any particular brands or types that are reasonably light? Looking at 18" to 19".

3. Finally is there a trusted trader, website or garage this community tends to use for wheels?

I guess thats it! Cheers!

1. £500-£600. I believe I answered that for you on the previous page.

2. Unless you plan to track the car, the weight issue is pretty negligable when it comes to wheels. 18" for go, 19" for show.

3. RareRims trade on here, as do B2.

1. £500-£600. I believe I answered that for you on the previous page.

2. Unless you plan to track the car, the weight issue is pretty negligable when it comes to wheels. 18" for go, 19" for show.

3. RareRims trade on here, as do B2.

Beg your pardon, I kinda lost your reply amidst all the welcomes etc. Thanks for answering. Twice. :blush:

I have a K1 japspeed exhaust up for sale soon and am after 2 ray alloys, a deal maybe?

Hmmm I'm tempted, though it would be ideal to get rid of all 4 with tyres, I haven't really got the space to have stuff lying around!! As an obvious idiot question would someone mind telling me how I can tell if a set of alloys will fit my 350z? Obviously some sites have a search function to filter non-fitting stuff but for others I haven't got a clue whether the dam thing would fit!

Additionally I've tried to send a PM to someone on this forum and its just sitting in my outbox folder instead of going to "sent". Is there some trick I'm missing here or am I just an utter lemming?

Running out of toilet paper here.

PM's sit in your outbox until the person you have sent it to reads it.

So this means the person you have sent a PM to just hasn't read it yet.

Lots of advice on alloys in the "wheels" subforum.

Alloys will need to have a 5 stud 114.3 PCD. And then a suitable offset to clear the brembo's. ET20 is a pretty good stance for Zeds.

Oh, and be sure to buy staggered offset wheels - ie the rear wider than the fronts :thumbs:

PM's sit in your outbox until the person you have sent it to reads it.

So this means the person you have sent a PM to just hasn't read it yet.

Lots of advice on alloys in the "wheels" subforum.

Alloys will need to have a 5 stud 114.3 PCD. And then a suitable offset to clear the brembo's. ET20 is a pretty good stance for Zeds.

Oh, and be sure to buy staggered offset wheels - ie the rear wider than the fronts :thumbs:

Awesome answer, thanks very much :clap: I haven't really heard of offset before, just so i can visualise the difference, whats the offset of the stock Rays? And what are the pro's and cons of having staggered offset wheels, aside from that it looks cool!

Welcome and just to say THIS IS the best forum..I have had so much good and helpful advice making owning a Zed so much better in every way. Take care in the car whilst exploring :thumbs:

+1,000,000

Owning a Zed is fantastic but having this place too is like the cherry on the icing on the very delicious cake :thumbs: