Le Mans 2012!

Parsnip

Anyone going this year?

Entrance list just announced:

http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/1/1 ... s_2012.pdf

P2 looks like it will be a right scrap, hoping that Toyota put up a fight in P1 and get in amongst the Audis - will feel funny wanting someone to give Audi a bloody nose after supporting them for so long when racing Peugeot ;), little disappointed with the GT field, as long as the Porsches have the pace to keep up with the Ferraris and Vette's it should be good.

No Aston V12s in any form running this year - truely tragic - listening to that engine (either in a DBR9 or Lola-Aston) has been the aural highlight of my year for a long time (although hearing a LP-640 and SL65 blasting through the tunnel at Rouen last year was pretty good also :))

Going to be heading down in a convoy from Aberdeen methinks - potentially hilarious petrol consumption with a M3, a Pajero, possibly a Boxter and me in the Z...

Ever so slightly excited and it is only February...

I'm going this year for the first time. Really looking forward to it, especially as it will probably be the last big thing I do in the Zed before putting it up for sale.

Setting off on Tuesday 12th June, taking the tunnel. Staying overnight on the way and then arrive in Le Man. Hopefully going to have a an old Vette, 911 and my Zed in our convoy. Really looking forward to it.

I suppose Aston decided to take a year out after last years dismal effort in LMP1 (yeah Aston, we know, it was just a development car - it was still crap).

Be sad to see no 007 or 008 cars.

Thought it was 007+009?

Wanted to go this year,but moving house took priority. Prodrives effort last year was dire. They left it all too late to develop the car and engine. When during testing the steering wheel breaks due to getting abit wet,and engines blowing up on dynos after a few miles,it was never going to be anything but. Its such a shame,as Aston/Prodrive have a massive following,we both used to work there,so cheer them on when we can. We were in the garage when they decided to retire the 2nd car,and everyone was so frustrated.

I think there might have been a 008 when the were running the DBR9s and I think the Ickx Lola Aston was 008, but it wasn't a Aston/Prodrive factory effort.

Was really disappointed with the AMR-ONE last year - as optimistic as I tried to be about it at the time, you got the feeling that it was never going to be that quick or reliable - going from the Lola Aston being one of the quickest petrols to retiring after a handful of laps was a big step back from them.

As hideous as the Delta Wing is (http://www.highcroftracing.com/deltawing/) should be good to see it racing - great to see a franchitti driving it too.

Group C are there as the support race - always an absolute blast to see the old fire breathing monsters tearing around. Would love to see the 787B there as well, but 2 years in a row might be a bit much to hope - not sure my eardrums could take it again!

We are down there with the usual SXOC team + support vehicles, highlight last year was the full disco setup and being able to watch the Canadian GP on a 42 inch TV :D

If you see a load of 200SX's (well, BMW's mainly these days) parked on Karting Nord rock over for a drink :thumbs:

It helps if you are married to a petrol head......

We originally went down in my wife's Clio 182 in 2006. This will be our 4th visit and we will be in the 370 for the first time!

If you see us in Houx campsite, say hello.

The car's yellow, so it should stand out!!