Time to let her go...

Bradders

Hi guys,

Sad day for me. :byebye:

My beloved Z goes on Saturday. I'll try to come to the forum as much as poss as over the last years I have had such a great time and met some smashing blokes at the meets.

Best forum I've ever been on and I'll miss Z ownership terribly.

I've taken a very different route and pick up a Caterham Roadsport on Saturday to replace the Z. A Caterham has been on my wishlist since I was a lad, so a very special time all-round. She is an ex Academy car with all the trick bits, full roll cage, tillet seats etc. Very different beast all together and hope it will progress my driving massively. Hill climbs are looking very tempting indeed.

I'll keep you updated. Till then be safe all.

Bradders

Having had 1 Westfield and 2 Caterhams myself, I'm sure you will love it. Particularly with the Caterham it is hard to find another car where you feel so in touch with what is going on at the wheels. Easier to live with than many people think, as well. Good luck.

I loved my time in the Caterham - except when it rained! Got wet feet several times, was really pleased when I moved up to the Zed

(Radio - a heater that works, no drafts around your right ear. . . boring things like that.)

The driving though - now that was FUN !

post-5330-135011918118_thumb.jpg

Thanks for supporting all the meets I organised throughout the years mate. You've been one of the Stalwarts throughout it all - even the one's where I got us lost!

Feel free to show up to the NE meets in the Caterham - you'll still be welcome :thumbs:

Thanks for supporting all the meets I organised throughout the years mate. You've been one of the Stalwarts throughout it all - even the one's where I got us lost!

Feel free to show up to the NE meets in the Caterham - you'll still be welcome :thumbs:

+1

What does the Mrs think of getting a Caterham then?

+1

What does the Mrs think of getting a Caterham then?

Thanks Lexx and Elfman much appreciated. Will you be able to keep up with me though ;)

What does the Mrs think of the Caterham hmmmm?

I think she was reasonably ok considering we drove back on Saturday from Warwickshire which took 4 hours at -5C with snow drifting across the M1, on new Avon CR500s :scare: and no heater :cold:

Bradders

I loved my time in the Caterham - except when it rained! Got wet feet several times, was really pleased when I moved up to the Zed

(Radio - a heater that works, no drafts around your right ear. . . boring things like that.)

The driving though - now that was FUN !

[attachment=0]Caterham next to factory.jpg[/attachment]

That is a great looking Cat :thumbs:

I'm looking to take mine in a similar way too. Currently its got a black nose, cycle and rear wings. I'm liking the yellow very much. Leaning toward Renault liquid yellow, if I can stretch that far. Mrs thinks it makes a "happy car" :dry:

Not sure yet...