19s

stuey

I'm afraid Tim's right. Everyone's entitled to their views but sometimes tongues should be bitten to avoid causing offence. We are all supposed to be friends on here. If my friend buys a Proton and is delighted with it I don't spend half an hour tellng him its sh*t just because I wouldn't be seen dead in one. It fits his requirements and he is happy. I don't want to **** on his parade. If I can't say anything nice I don't say anthing at all. Tact. :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to make it clear, I'm not pissing on anyone's parade. This is a "spotted on ebay" thread.

As part of the Mod team on this forum it is my duty to warn members and possible buyers ready to part with hundreds if not thousands of £££ wasted on inferior quality products. (as I did with you Digsy, hence I was sad to see the amount of money you spent on your wheels)

Exactly for the reason that there are many hundreds or even thousands of £££ involved, I would like to see members get the best item for their budget, and not being ripped off by unscrupulous merchants.

The fact is that forged wheels deliver better performance parameters and are significantly safer than cast wheels. What this means is that lighter, stronger, forged wheels can offer both a higher margin of safety as well as improved vehicle dynamics including acceleration times, braking distances and handling. Because forged wheels are much stronger (300 times stronger in most cases) than cast wheels, they can be designed with thinner cross-sections, making them lighter in weight and better optimized for rotational mass and inertial moment considerations.

Wheel weight is very important to overall performance as it is key component in “un-sprungâ€

just to make it clear, I'm not pissing on anyone's parade. This is a "spotted on ebay" thread.

As part of the Mod team on this forum it is my duty to warn members and possible buyers ready to part with hundreds if not thousands of £££ wasted on inferior quality products. (as I did with you Digsy, hence I was sad to see the amount of money you spent on your wheels)

Exactly for the reason that there are many hundreds or even thousands of £££ involved, I would like to see members get the best item for their budget, and not being ripped off by unscrupulous merchants.

The fact is that forged wheels deliver better performance parameters and are significantly safer than cast wheels. What this means is that lighter, stronger, forged wheels can offer both a higher margin of safety as well as improved vehicle dynamics including acceleration times, braking distances and handling. Because forged wheels are much stronger (300 times stronger in most cases) than cast wheels, they can be designed with thinner cross-sections, making them lighter in weight and better optimized for rotational mass and inertial moment considerations.

Wheel weight is very important to overall performance as it is key component in “un-sprungâ€

you dont get the point Val,

We dont want you on every wheel thread denigrating our choice of wheel..

Like Digsy says tact is required..your part of the Moderating team...you shouldnt be the starting point of every argument, you have got to learn to button it occasionally..

it's like a broken record with you belting on about cheap wheels all the time... we know what were buying, you obviously have the funds at your disposal to spend on very nice expensive rims, they look well, ...I and others on here either dont have or dont want to spend that sort of money , We are not fools we know the difference between quality rims and what you call cheaper rims... :)

Like Digsy says tact is required..your part of the Moderating team...you shouldnt be the starting point of every argument, you have got to learn to button it occasionally..

it's like a broken record with you belting on about cheap wheels all the time... we know what were buying, you obviously have the funds at your disposal to spend on very nice expensive rims, they look well, ...I and others on here either dont have or dont want to spend that sort of money , We are not fools we know the difference between quality rims and what you call cheaper rims... :)

see that's the difference: you are arguing, I'm not, at all. Moreover, when you say everyone knows that a wheel is more inferior quality than another, how do you know? Not everyone has the same knowledge as you and I about wheels. they might think that spending £1500 on TSW's or Ruff's is a sound purchase! I have the right to comment on whatever thread there is, just as you have, and even more due to the duty as a Moderator as I mentioned above.

You say you don't want me commenting on how shite some wheels are compared to others, I say I will keep on posting to warn potential buyers in case they have no idea, and might regret it later, even more if they listen to people like you who keep telling them they are good, a sound purchase etc.

if you don't get this point, it's your problem, not mine.

Guest prescience

you dont get the point Val,

We dont want you on every wheel thread denigrating our choice of wheel..

I pretty much agree with that. I mean where do you draw the line, some might well argue for example that the UTEC is a cheapo EMS even compared to the FCON-VPro leave alone the other exotic EMSs available. Where does using the UTEC stand against the millions spent by Nissan on developing the stock ECU for example - there must be an increased risk for small gain.

You always make a determination (consciously or subconsciously) of ANY item's value to establish what it is worth to you

Dorian, your comparison with the utec doesn't stand. If someone wanted suggestions on whether it is better/worse than an FCON I would give it freely, saying the FCON's resolution is way higher and it has many features that the UTEC doesn't have. I'd also give the bad points (no user input, only HKS pro dealers can tune it, cost etc)

value for money is all well and good, hence people make their informed choices.

Value for money for a set of cheap cast alloy wheel? for me even the £600 spent on them is money wasted. and £1750 on a set of cast alloys equates to having been ripped off. This is what i think, tactful or not.

Dorian why did you buy Volks instead of TSW or Ruff?

Guest prescience
Dorian, your comparison with the utec doesn't stand. If someone wanted suggestions on whether it is better/worse than an FCON I would give it freely, saying the FCON's resolution is way higher and it has many features that the UTEC doesn't have. I'd also give the bad points (no user input, only HKS pro dealers can tune it, cost etc)

value for money is all well and good, hence people make their informed choices.

Value for money for a set of cheap cast alloy wheel? for me even the £600 spent on them is money wasted. and £1750 on a set of cast alloys equates to having been ripped off. This is what i think, tactful or not.

Dorian why did you buy Volks instead of TSW or Ruff?

I think my point is valid.

Wrt wheels, I did what I said in my last sentence of my previous post as anyone does :)

I think your point isn't valid. If people don't make informed choices, then your point is not valid at all.

Only reading others saying "go for it" "buy it" etc on cheapo wheels threads only encourages the potential buyer to part with their money, and not know of possible, better (and more expensive) alternatives. not everyone here is a wheel expert.

Forums are useful for exactly this reason. You get to hear both sides of a story. THEN you can make a better informed choice, imo.

absolutely correct :thumbs:

So therefore you need to respect peoples budgets. Personally when I get round to buying some rims I'll probably spend about £2k, but thats my choice.

I think people are sick of hearing your derogatory remarks AFTER people have bought their rims with their hard earned cash. Comments afterwards are too late and not helpful. Ask Rickya.

I think people are sick of hearing your derogatory remarks AFTER people have bought their rims with their hard earned cash. Comments afterwards are too late and not helpful. Ask Rickya.

Have to agree on this one, advising people on what wheels to get / not to get and the differences between wheels is not the same as criticizing wheels which ppl already bought. or is this to inform potential future buyers? ;)

B)

Have to agree on this one, advising people on what wheels to get / not to get and the differences between wheels is not the same as criticizing wheels which ppl already bought. or is this to inform potential future buyers? ;)

B)

:scare: ir fuel and Sarnie agreeing! :scare:

Sarnie I have never made any derogatory remarks so stop fuelling something that doesn't exist. I have always expressed my opinions. Rick is fine and I have explained to him via Pm what was misunderstood about my remarks. Furthermore I've never denied my suggestions either on open forum or via PM to whoever has asked me.

You on the other hand can't post useful information to save your life, so I'd suggest you think twice before criticising what others post.

Im going to have my 2 pence worth as I would like to put my point across.

I think everyone is taking this way too seriously, at the end of the days its one person’s opinion and you cannot change that and nor would you, or should you, change the way someone feels about something.

Everyone should be able to take criticism and if someone doesn’t like something that I buy, then so be it, I know that I bought what I wanted at the time of buying and I like what I bought otherwise I would not have bought it. (God that was awful grammar!)

People should not take things too personally as it’s an open forum and different people will have different opinions, it’s a way of life, if you do not want people to comment on such things and you cannot take the criticism, do not post it up as by doing this, you are inviting people to make a comment, be that good or bad.

So again, if you are happy with what you have, then why does it matter what someone else thinks?

I'll tell you what I'll do, I'll stop posting on this matter and let everyone (who hasn't got a clue about wheels) think that spending £500, £800, £1000, £1750 on wheeels like TSW, Ruff, Wolfrace, Fox racing and all the other shite flying about on Ebay and elsewhere is a good buy :thumbs: then they'll come back on here and complain to members who told them it was a good buy.

I think everyone is taking this way too seriously, at the end of the days its one person’s opinion and you cannot change that and nor would you, or should you, change the way someone feels about something.

Everyone should be able to take criticism and if someone doesn’t like something that I buy, then so be it, I know that I bought what I wanted at the time of buying and I like what I bought otherwise I would not have bought it. (God that was awful grammar!)

People should not take things too personally as it’s an open forum and different people will have different opinions, it’s a way of life, if you do not want people to comment on such things and you cannot take the criticism, do not post it up as by doing this, you are inviting people to make a comment, be that good or bad.

So again, if you are happy with what you have, then why does it matter what someone else thinks?

I think it is more a matter of common courtesy and good manners that we are talking about here :)

I'm sure on some sites that derogatory comments can be made about other peoples purchases etc, probably a whole lot worse than here , and people wouldnt blink an eye ,..,but I think we are better than that, at least I hope so, or I for one wouldnt bother posting :dry:

absolutly............ we are all different.......... with different circumstances............ responsibilitys........... jobs.......... available money............tastes........ ect........... but we do share the intrest of zeds........otherwise our zeds will all be the same.......... :)

Sarnie I have never made any derogatory remarks so stop fuelling something that doesn't exist. I have always expressed my opinions. Rick is fine and I have explained to him via Pm what was misunderstood about my remarks. Furthermore I've never denied my suggestions either on open forum or via PM to whoever has asked me.

You on the other hand can't post useful information to save your life, so I'd suggest you think twice before criticising what others post.

I'm not the only one criticising you but yet again you decide to take up your beef with me :dry:

and let everyone (who hasn't got a clue about wheels) think that spending £500, £800, £1000, £1750 on wheeels like TSW, Ruff, Wolfrace, Fox racing and all the other shite flying about on Ebay and elsewhere is a good buy :

Jesus Val give it a rest, you've just upset half the members on here with those makes of wheels fitted :dry:

I don't get involved in these things as I think arguing is a bit of a waste of time.

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's fine. Val is putting across his point that sometimes if you buy cheap you buy dear and Tim and Ricky have put across that they are willing to treat the Zed to mods on their budget.

Each to their own. I personally look at a wheel design first before looking if it's forged etc as I'm sure others do. Perhaps Val (and others I'm sure) look at the specs and then choose the design.

I think if a buyer knows that a wheel is likely to need refurbed due to poorer quality finish then thats fine. It's good to be warned about these things before purchase. To bitch at each other is stupid - lets leave it to the women :headhurt: and respect each others choices!