19s

stuey

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you had to repaint your spokes as they were flaking already, even though you used your car for what, 200 miles? ;)

boll0cks I painted 'em because I wanted 'em black :p

and if I scratch them I can always repolish 'em myself unlike some other makes ;)

yeah yeah. Anyway cheapo wheels cheapen the Z

no expensive wheels just make you more wary of kerbs.... :teeth:

I have said this before , if I was doing numerous track days or competition work I would fit lightweight forged rims , but for everyday use cast rims that I like the look of will be sufficient for me :thumbs: ,

and have the satisfaction of a grand or more in the hip pocket..

1k trown at cheapo wheels is like 1k thrown in the bin

mine didnt cost that much :scare: ....... :p

to my mind (and wallet ) £1 K ++++ is way too much to pay for wheels that are going to get kerbed , rot in the salt, etc. etc..

Besides which when the time comes to sell my car , and I replace the originals , those wheels of mine will virtually get me the majority of my money back..you wont do that with the expensive options ;)

Val are you talking to me about my wheels specificly?

ps cheap is a relative term, what you may define as cheap others may call expensive, on the other hand what you percieve to be expensive may be cheap to me.

My old BMW M3 convertible cost me almost twice what a new Zed costs, - does that mean the Zed is crap, no or else I wouldn't have bought it. Saying that a new Porsche 997 Carrera S is £70k, does that mean the BMW M3 is crap?

to my mind (and wallet ) £1 K ++++ is way too much to pay for wheels that are going to get kerbed , rot in the salt, etc. etc..

Besides which when the time comes to sell my car , and I replace the originals , those wheels of mine will virtually get me the majority of my money back..you wont do that with the expensive options ;)

you don't even use the car when it rains, you should have put proper wheels on it, full stop :p

About the second comment, i highly doubt it. Any intelligent buyer would know not to purchase cheapo second hand wheels, to start with.

Val are you talking to me about my wheels specificly?

ps cheap is a relative term, what you may define as cheap others may call expensive, on the other hand what you percieve to be expensive may be cheap to me.

My old BMW M3 convertible cost me almost twice what a new Zed costs, - does that mean the Zed is crap, no or else I wouldn't have bought it. Saying that a new Porsche 997 Carrera S is £70k, does that mean the BMW M3 is crap?

if you are going to buy new wheels, are not interested in quality/weight/strenght/durability then by all means just buy the chapest you can get.

IMO wheels are one of the few mods that completely change the look and "feel" of a car, not just the Z. And seeing cheapo wheels on a performance car just makes me cringe, that's all. it's like going backward.

you don't even use the car when it rains, you should have put proper wheels on it, full stop :p

About the second comment, i highly doubt it. Any intelligent buyer would know not to purchase cheapo second hand wheels, to start with.

:yawn:

we all havent got your money to spend on expensive options Val ;)

you have your opinion I have mine..you wont convince me though :)

if you are going to buy new wheels, are not interested in quality/weight/strenght/durability then by all means just buy the chapest you can get.

And seeing cheapo wheels on a performance car just makes me cringe, that's all. it's like going backward.

I get it your one of them Price tag/Label people. Oh yeah I made a mistake, apologies the wheels cost me £3550 just for alloys. Oh yeah & they say Armani on the centre caps! That reminds me I must get down to Kings Rd to get some of them Burberry underpants, they must be nice as they are £90 for one.

ps Am I going to spend £3,000 on alloys plus £800 on tyres, almost £4,000 for wheels on a car that cost me £17k!!! :yuck: Thats almost a quater of the total vehicle purchase price!!!!

I have nothing against you nor do I enjoy or ever get into arguments on internet forums as it is plain stupid & a waste of my time. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, you & I. But I would have thought being part of the admin team of this great forum you would show a little more tact & diplomacy in your comments. Especially to a recently joined member like myself.

Ah well thats the end of this topic as far as I am concerned I have a business to run & dont have the time for talking about god dam alloy wheels at work! B):thumbs:

And seeing cheapo wheels on a performance car just makes me cringe, that's all. it's like going backward.

I get it your one of them Price tag/Label people. Oh yeah I made a mistake, apologies the wheels cost me £3550 just for alloys. Oh yeah & they say Armani on the centre caps! That reminds me I must get down to Kings Rd to get some of them Burberry underpants, they must be nice as they are £90 for one.

ps Am I going to spend £3,000 on alloys plus £800 on tyres, almost £4,000 for wheels on a car that cost me £17k!!! :yuck: Thats almost a quater of the total vehicle purchase price!!!!

I have nothing against you nor do I enjoy or ever get into arguments on internet forums as it is plain stupid & a waste of my time. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, you & I. But I would have thought being part of the admin team of this great forum you would show a little more tact & diplomacy in your comments. Especially to a recently joined member like myself.

Ah well thats the end of this topic as far as I am concerned I have a business to run & dont have the time for talking about god dam alloy wheels at work! B):thumbs:

:lol: you definitely don't know me mate ;) What is it that has offended you so profoundly anyway? :wacko: didn't mean to offend anyone, it's just my opinion, which i am entitled to have like anyone else :surrender:

no need mate.

I say save a little longer and get proper wheels for your Z B)

still wouldnt buy em :) quite happy with the ones I have.. you have got to accept Val not everyone is in the same mind set as you...

and you have to accept exactly the same. I don't like cheap wheels and I think they cheapen the Z. this is my opinion and you won't make me change it, especially with no other argument apart from "but with cheaper wheels you save money".

PS my wheels were £1750 all in btw guys (excl tyres), I have no idea where you would spend £3k (apart from stupid Asanti stuff, or from ripoff UK dealers of sorts)

:lol: you definitely don't know me mate ;) What is it that has offended you so profoundly anyway? :wacko:

It's you Val that has offended Ricky......You shouldnt keep banging on about "cheap wheels " when anyone has invested not an inconsiderable sum in a Zed then wants to smarten the whole cabbodle up with some nice rims, derogatory remarks about "cheap" rims are not good

And how anyone can say £600+ for rims is cheap is beyond me anyway B)

buy the time wheels and tyres are added together thats well into the £1200 + territory ..thats alot more than most people spend on a car for Christ sake... so just ease up with the cheapy comments I know you other people dont ;)

:lol: you definitely don't know me mate ;) What is it that has offended you so profoundly anyway? :wacko:

It's you Val that has offended Ricky......You shouldnt keep banging on about "cheap wheels " when anyone has invested not an inconsiderable sum in a Zed then wants to smarten the whole cabbodle up with some nice rims, derogatory remarks about "cheap" rims are not good

buy the time wheels and tyres are added together thats well into the £1200 + territory ..thats alot more than most people spend on a car for Christ sake... so just ease up with the cheapy comments I know you other people dont ;)

Here Here :)

that's an absolutely ridiculous statement.

cheap wheels are cheap wheels. £600 for a set of wheels is cheap. Whether it's a considerable amount of money for some, I don't doubt, but unfortunately it only buys you cheap wheels. No way around it I'm afraid. Good quality wheels are expensive, I don't make the rules, that's how it is. If they are expensive there's a reason. Surely sometimes a brand can charge you more due to the Brand power (in my opinion, this is the case with the Volks, for example) but the fact remains that, quality wheels are more expensive than cheap wheels. Cast, vs forged, lightweight vs heavy as hell, strong vs "brittle" and so on and so forth.

F*****G hell Val were driving Datsuns for pities sake...

you aint got a lightweight racing Ferrari... your driving a car that in America they give 18 year old school kids...that costs the equivilant of £15 k over there.... putting expensive rims aint ever going to change that

I wouldnt call anyone for putting expensive rims on their car , I like to see nice rims

but I certainly dont want on the other hand someone saying my rims ,or other members , are cheap i.e. worthless..

There is a certain amount of tack required in posting , especially in your position , or you will only suceed in putting everyones backs up..

it is very similar attitude on the OC site where if you dont have Nismo rims or the like you are ridiculed...

dont let it get like that on here... please

F*****G hell Val were driving Datsuns for pities sake...

you aint got a lightweight racing Ferrari... your driving a car that in America they give 18 year old school kids...that costs the equivilant of £15 k over there.... putting expensive rims aint ever going to change that

I wouldnt call anyone for putting expensive rims on their car , I like to see nice rims

but I certainly dont want on the other hand someone saying my rims ,or other members , are cheap i.e. worthless..

There is a certain amount of tack required in posting , especially in your position , or you will only suceed in putting everyones backs up..

it is very similar attitude on the OC site where if you dont have Nismo rims or the like you are ridiculed...

dont let it get like that on here... please

Cue Val wading in......................

Just agree to disagree Val :thumbs:

Guest prescience

It would be impossible to do given people's knowledge, but I sometimes think it would be interesting to set-up the equivalent of a 'blind wine tasting' for wheels and check the results ;)