Impact Wrench/guns

agentsmith350

i wouldnt put your wheels on with a impact gun maybe a battery one is ok to use but you dont wont to over torque the nuts

you basically got two options

go little of the way or all the way..

i got battery one its ok good for undoing tight nuts...but i also have a impact gun which has much more options you will need a compressor aswell though

Hi guys ,

Been looking for an impact wrench and after browsing eBay ect there's a big difference in price , I don't want to buy something that will break after a few times being used so has anyone on here got anything they would recommend ?

Dom

Without hesitation, Snap On every time mate.

Your normal run of the mill gun will not loosen really tight wheel nuts and after two wheel changes the battery will be flat.

I use Snap On in the workshop and at trackside and the battery will last all day and will do about 30 changes (120 wheels) before the battery gets tired.

Downside is they are £400 - £500, however IMHO they are worth every penny. :#1:

Alex. :)

Cheers :thumbs:

yeah i think the Snap-on ones are a bit out of reach ,i was hoping to only spend around £150 , mind you iv seen a few old used snap-on's on eBay at around £150..

the only other one that was a brand i had heard of was sealy which seemed to come in at around £150 new ,Anyone know if there any good ?

So is the general consensus that these are wheel-friendly? I saw one a week or so back and thought it would be a good idea, but I don't want to risk smashing the finish of the wheels to bits. Is it a case of if you're sensible then they're fine, but if you're a bit gung-ho then you can expect and deserve to damage your wheels?

get some alloy wheel thin wall sockets, they come with protective sleaves so you dont damage the alloy. some torque sticks then between the impact gun and socket, the stick wont allow you to over tighten the nut. used to use them all the time when i was a car mechanic

We dont use Impact guns on customers wheels. The air guns are only as good and the compressor powering them, so if you have a tiny compressor then dont bother. My mate has an Ingersol Rand air gun he is selling very cheap if you wanted that?

We dont use Impact guns on customers wheels. The air guns are only as good and the compressor powering them, so if you have a tiny compressor then dont bother. My mate has an Ingersol Rand air gun he is selling very cheap if you wanted that?

What do you use on them ?

The idea was to get something i can use for all sorts , exhaust bolts , wheels , odds n ends ect.

Whats the deal with air guns then do you just need to buy canisters now and again ?