The swarm - thorpe park

neo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ds-newsxml

the above story also ran in other papers as well..................just to let you all know that it's utter !"£$%^&* just PR marketing hyping up the ride :boxing:

further proof -

http://www.screamscape.com/html/thorpe_park.htm (second article down 2012 - The Swarm - (1/25/12) )

gonna ride it shortly after it opens as ALL new rides have teething troubles and not some made up rubbish ;)

Oh WOW that looks good. Thorpe park is doing well for itself these days, so many decent rides in a very small space!

Still hold that stealth is the best rollercoaster ever, but with Saw and this new one that title may be moving!

Alton towers needs to up its game now i reckon!

and yeah, limbs ripped off - bollocks. Everyone knows Bolliger and Mabillard Coasters are amazing, and more reliable than most, it'll have no problems :thumbs:

yeah i know they're both run by the same people, but alton towers don't seem to have done anything new recently... Whereas Thorpe Park is building decent new rides every year it seems!

Probably because it's the closest one to London.

Alton towers is hampered by the fact they can't built above the tree line as the neighboring villages complain and block any planning that does go above :doh:

so no 200foot+ or even 150foot coasters for them :angry:

Looks like a copy of X2 at Six Flags.

on x2 the 'arms' where you sit rotate, on swarm they are fixed, plus it's made by a different company :)

X2 was delayed for months and went over budget after they found loads of serious cracks in the welding that held the carriages to the train as they were way toooo heavy :surrender:

was originally called X - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X2_%28roller_coaster%29

Oh WOW that looks good. Thorpe park is doing well for itself these days, so many decent rides in a very small space!

Still hold that stealth is the best rollercoaster ever, but with Saw and this new one that title may be moving!

Alton towers needs to up its game now i reckon!

and yeah, limbs ripped off - bollocks. Everyone knows Bolliger and Mabillard Coasters are amazing, and more reliable than most, it'll have no problems :thumbs:

Glad to find someone else that knows their coasters,yeah stealth is pretty good :thumbs: but a bit on the short side :( defo in my top 5 UK coasters.

for me the 'saw' ride is too rough for repeat goes :blackeye: lol, don't even get me started on colossus, i swear those wheels are square that it runs on :scare: