is my clutch going

k9l3

i take it my clutch is going?

i just went for a drive and car seems to going fine normally but went to pull out of a wide turning quickly to try get the back round a little

and the revs went up and the car done nothink where it would be spinning the wheels a little it never. so i thought i try a wheelspin to see what happenes and the revs just rose and i could smell what i think is the clutch burning. normal driving seems fine? IS THIS THE CLUTCH

it has 50k and most likely never changed

ALSO WHAT CLUTCH WOULD BE BEST TO REPLACE FOR

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on how you drive. if you hoon it and keep letting it slip, it will die very quickly and possibly cause damage to the flywheel and also the box.

id nurse it about and change it out as and when you can. no point in putting your foot down if youre not going to go anywhere.

as for clutch, not sure on what the stock clutch is capable of handling. but if your car is fairly stock, id whack a stock one in there as it will more than likely provide the nicest road worthy drive/bite. :thumbs:

Depends how you drive ;)

Be gentle until you get it changed it will get worse.

Do you want standard or an upgraded option?

Zmanalex does some nice options :thumbs:

i would like one that would be best overall , that can take some good bashing and last as long as poss incase i go on track sometime

If you PM Alex he is pretty sharpish with responses

Or go to his subforum and search through, he has priced up clutches in there, or search using search function, someone asked the same question last week and it was answered quite comprehensively with prices.

If you PM Alex he is pretty sharpish with responses

Or go to his subforum and search through, he has priced up clutches in there, or search using search function, someone asked the same question last week and it was answered quite comprehensively with prices.

thanks who is alex am i am new sorry ?

Have the same problem with my Zed mate and the car is booked in to have the clutch and flywheel replaced on Thursday, not a cheap fix sadly :( But will hopefully be as good as new :)

I am replacing with stock clutch and flywheel. I contacted ZMANALEX and got a really quick response and good advise :) but am taking it to a local garage to get done and source the parts.

just found price its 399 :( bloody things cost a bomb dont they i didnt wanna be spending out atm as just got the car

is there not a better clutch to buy or is the original the best to get

The Zed isn't a cheap runaround.... to be fair £399 is a good price, then you've got fitting on top.

Wait till you need tyres!!

You are going to need a flywheel as well mate. Sadly thats another 350 quid. Few would suggest you only change the clutch as far as I know. :evil::x:x

you joking me I was hopeing the flywheel would still be ok . you saying I should really change it I wouldn't want to as money is tight at the mo.

To give you a rough idea, when my mate had his Zed, his clutch started to slip so he went for an uprated Exedy clutch and a lighter Fidanza flywheel.

Total cost including fitting was around £800 - £900 if i remember rightly, could be wrong tho.

Car was raised up to remove driveshaft, gearbox dropped out to access the clutch/flywheel, so it's labor intensive