Z4 3.0l si coupe?

stuarty

I think he has the Senior Stylist version :thumbs:

:lol:

Kiss my weiner!

Based on the fact your talking about a better handling , faster, torqueier car, than mine i'll put it in some perspective.....its as fast as a zed, better equipt than a zed, handles better than the zed, easier to drive than the zed, cheaper to run, some would say better looking and just as well built.

That said the zed pisses all over it but still its a real nice moter for the money. I'm well happy with it.

Bad points;

- could do with some sound proofing in the doors

- tramlines like a slag whore from hell.

- bonnet is so long you could land a harrier jump jet on it.

- alloys will be or will soon corrode (good excuse for a refurb though)

Aside from the zed.....best car I have ever driven (and that's only because I've got rose tinted glasses for the zed)

+1 with regards the tram lining, test drove one before I bought the Zed, it was the car I was going to buy until that point although maybe "tramlines like a slag whore from hell" maybe not be strictly accurate, I thought it was worse than that :scare::lol:

Seriously, it was the one big thing that put me off the car, best advice I can give is test drive it asap, the "M" might be better of course :)

I think he has the Senior Stylist version :thumbs:

:lol:

Kiss my weiner!

Based on the fact your talking about a better handling , faster, torqueier car, than mine i'll put it in some perspective.....its as fast as a zed, better equipt than a zed, handles better than the zed, easier to drive than the zed, cheaper to run, some would say better looking and just as well built.

That said the zed pisses all over it but still its a real nice moter for the money. I'm well happy with it.

Bad points;

- could do with some sound proofing in the doors

- tramlines like a slag whore from hell.

- bonnet is so long you could land a harrier jump jet on it.

- alloys will be or will soon corrode (good excuse for a refurb though)

Aside from the zed.....best car I have ever driven (and that's only because I've got rose tinted glasses for the zed)

Do you think i should pay the extra for the z4 m coupe ?

Depends how deep your pockets are. It's plenty fast in standard form and you'll lose some of the economy getting the M.

Apparent the tramlining is because of the run flats. Get them off and it drastically imoroves.

As doogy said its a little bit hair dressery but most cars like that are!

Do you think i should pay the extra for the z4 m coupe ?

Depends how deep your pockets are. It's plenty fast in standard form and you'll lose some of the economy getting the M.

Apparent the tramlining is because of the run flats. Get them off and it drastically imoroves.

As doogy said its a little bit hair dressery but most cars like that are!

What you think?

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarr ... mw_z4.html

The z4m is miles better than the standard z4 - the electric steering in the non M models is the worst I have encounted, the 3.0si doesn't feel fast despite the figures, the ride quality is horrendous and the interior is tiny and noisy. And I hate the way it looks but that last one is a matter of taste. Also being a bmw everything is an option so shop around for one that has everything you want already fitted.

Seems a bit of an odd question to be honest bud.........its a bit like asking if you should get a normal 3 series coupe or an M3.

Anyone who could afford the M3 is going to get it because its obviously going to be a far better car! :bangin:

Not really that odd a question mate. The difference between a normal 3 series coupe and an m3 is vast.

Not really a big difference between 3.0l coupe and z4 m coupe in performance, price or looks! Most reviews ive read have suggested that the extra 10k on list price is simply not worth it.

Its probably more like comparing the new 335i coupe and m3. ;)

Seems a bit of an odd question to be honest bud.........its a bit like asking if you should get a normal 3 series coupe or an M3.

Anyone who could afford the M3 is going to get it because its obviously going to be a far better car! :bangin:

Not really that odd a question mate. The difference between a normal 3 series coupe and an m3 is vast.

Not really a big difference between 3.0l coupe and z4 m coupe in performance, price or looks! Most reviews ive read have suggested that the extra 10k on list price is simply not worth it.

But its an ///M. They are hero chariots. They look better, drive better and you know your in something very very capable. I know with what your saying with 335 and the M3 but the m3 will hammer it when it comes to corners as it was designed to go round them "better". Im not saying the z4 3.0 isnt good but an M is a M :thumbs:

Sorry mate - didn't mean to sound arsey - was on my phone which is a pig to type on so words were at a premium! :lol:

What I meant was it depends what your requirements are really - are you buying this on a budget (I was and I wanted a fast, reliable, reasonably cheap to run, cool car). However if I had the money and didn't have a 350 to run as well then yes it would be M all the way.......its for your missus isn't it? Is she really going to appreciate the M and all that it comes with?

Tramlining aside (just swap them off for normal tyres) its a whole lot of car in standard for and it absolutely flys. The steering is unusual as mentioned above but probably well suited to a lady as its really light (although hit the sport button and it all tightens up).

M means higher tax (or not and I can't be bothered checking :p ), higher insurance (G 19/20 I should think), worse fuel consumption.

Are you really going to exploit the extra that you get with the M?