Few pic's of my girls new car!

djtimo

the skunk2racing zorst is the best buy for gains and it sounds bloody mental! :thumbs:

A good mate of mine has a stunning S2K with that on, will take some miles to bed in properly as it drones like mad at about 3k rpm but does settle down after a while.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful car! I loved my S2000 and only sold due to relocating down south. I very nearly got another one but went for the Z instead - you have my ideal jab car driveway :)

Without meaning to argue they are not easy to lose in the dry at all, they are just less forgiving than most cars. I had a MY2000 so it was the rigid chassis with no electronic trickery whatsoever. So long as you've had the cars suspension correctly aligned and good tyres its a fabulous motor. In the wet you have to keep a watch out for drain covers and what not but I only ever had one incident in mine and that was due to black ice at the end of a bypass, thankfully I wasn't going quickly and the slide was very easy to control, I used the car right through the snowy christmas 2 years ago and it only got stuck the once :)

cracking car, loved mine to bits, possibly one of the best cars i've owned.

i have a set of 18" oz racing wheels sat in my garage which are a perfect fit for the s2000 if your interested. new tyres on and everything.

as for handling TCS came in after 2004 as standard, was an option on early cars from 2001 on but not many had it.

as for handling, 1999 to 2001 were a little snappy, but the 2002 to 2004 was the best model, had brilliant setup rev range went all the way to 9.5k after 2004 it was dropped to 8800 revs. the suspension was also softened out in 2004 but brought back to 2002 standard in 2006.

i had the hks exhaust on mine but it did drone at 3k but everywhere else it was amazing.

if you need to know anything drop me a line its not as big a widow maker as people make out, the handling is spot on; generally the reason people write them off is they think they are better at driving than they actually are. when it does slide it is extremely progressive and easy to hold. i drove mine in the snow and didn;t have problems, but it isn;t the easiest winter trnasport.

main things to check are the bushes, they tend to seize, and if they all need replacing your looking at about £900 of work. get the geo setup and its a minter.

i reckon you;ll enjoy it as well if she lets you drive it.

^^ agree with everything you've said there. They really are that good! It does make me long for my old one, I didn't have the GT Spec and am very jealous of the OP! :)

Threads like this are why I really like this forum, there don't seem to be any blinkers with the Zed and how good/bad it is to other cars :)

^^ agree with everything you've said there. They really are that good! It does make me long for my old one, I didn't have the GT Spec and am very jealous of the OP! :)

Threads like this are why I really like this forum, there don't seem to be any blinkers with the Zed and how good/bad it is to other cars :)

alot of people on here are open minded, but there are many on here who will see the S2K as a girls car. there loss in my opinion.

^ Absolutely, the noise at 9,000rpm even with a standard airbox is epic, the chassis, the brakes, the turn in, the bolstered seats, the whole feel is superb! It is much more a drivers car than a standard Zed but that's chalk and cheese, they are both brilliant in my humble opinion!

In this thread it IS a girls car literally! :p:lol:

I would like to own one, one day. I really think it's up there in the cars you must try.

alot of people on here are open minded, but there are many on here who will see the S2K as a girls car. there loss in my opinion.

In this thread it IS a girls car literally! :p:lol:

Yeah easily solved if you have a missus who you can get to have one. Then you can "test drive" it now and again to make sure its running properly ;):lol:

I was tempted to get one instead of the Zed, but knowing it had to be a daily driver of 70 miles a day, the S2k was just too much and would have driven me nuts.

very nice! an S2000 is my second choice of car after a zed - reckon it would be a very good car! Loved my old mx5 for the same reasons an s2000 would be good (apart from the s2000 has a decent slug of power) only things that put me off are the 9k redline would get a bit tiring.

definitely not a girls car - 240bhp rwd is not childs play! and the convertible bit, thats fine as it was designed as a convertible, rather than a hatchback with the roof lopped off.

plus your 370 is quicker chris :p!

That was when I got my 350z. No way I'd have an S2k over the 370z, 2 completely different cars, 370z has waaaaay more torque, especially with UpRev. Way more GT car though, so I expect the handling on the S2k is more nimble.

LOL... Yes I do have FAR to much time on my hands! ha.... Im mad for videos and just could not stop my self when I saw the snow and the car sitting there!

I've got the S2k for 2 days as Jess wanted to take my megane 225 as Its FWD and has traction control (little bit safer) in the nasty weather. I took the S2k out to the gym and was surprised at just how well it gripped even in the cold slushy snow!

Its got a tighter diff than my 350z has because just pulling out of junctions slowly you can feel the back end locking up and rotating a little bit. Feels like a great car to drive! I love it!

Very banzai car as it has to be rev'ed to be fast but get it past 6K rpm and the engine note hardens and pulls way harder! Loads of fun!

You will NEVER get tired of the 9K rev limit! Vtec rules....boosted vtec is even better B)

Tell me about it! The F20C engine can make 450-500`WHP on stock bottom end and fitting a turbo is easy as hell due to the tiny little engine and large engine bay! DONT TEMPT ME! lol..

Heres a little video of a boosted S2k smashing a quick lambo LOL.