Performance friction discs vs Ksport brake kit

Mack

Im looking for some good brakes for trackdays, possibly on slicks.

Ive narrowed it down to Perfomance Friction rotors and stock calipers or going for a K sport setup.

Can anyone share there expierences of using either of these kits on the track?

Thanks

Looking at this myself - I was runing PF's with DS2500 and they do stop ya well compared to stock they are an improvement IMO

I needed new rear disks and was going to go for DBA's then I picked up an Ebay speacial Ksport BBK rear disks and 6 pot calipers for less than the DBA's.

After lots of surfing around the Ksport seem to be marmite not much in the middle they are either slated or loved.

Still deciding weather to go Ksport on the front 8 pot or push the boat out and get some stop tech (twice the price!)

Not much help I suppose sorry :)

You know my view on this John, however to be perfectly clear:

Performance Friction every time for track use :#1: and they are not to bad on the road either ;)

Married up to Ferodo DS2500 pads and a set of braided lines and proper fluid and all will be good.

If you want to raise the bar even further, then PF pads with an O1 compound is the way to go, however they are a tad noisy and perhaps more suited to track. They are also not to kind to your PF rotors but remember replacement PF rotors are only £388.00 per pair.

Alex :)

You know my view on this John, however to be perfectly clear:

Performance Friction every time for track use :#1: and they are not to bad on the road either ;)

Married up to Ferodo DS2500 pads and a set of braided lines and proper fluid and all will be good.

If you want to raise the bar even further, then PF pads with an O1 compound is the way to go, however they are a tad noisy and perhaps more suited to track. They are also not to kind to your PF rotors but remember replacement PF rotors are only £388.00 per pair.

Alex :)

+1

I have had the ksport 356mm kit front 8pot and rear 6pot since erly 2009 now married to PF 01 race compund and i can't decribed enough how good this setup is for track use but even for road use its still very good and "behaves" like a road pad.

last year i did 5 trips to the ring with never under 20laps per weekend and it never fades. Just gets better with heat it them.

As the Zman pointed they squeal occasionally when cold and makes alot of dust :scare: so unless you clean your wheels everyday they will be ruined. They are aggresive on rotors but it is an acceptable trade off and i change front rotors once a year and still haven't touched the rear which still have 70-80% of life left :thumbs: Rotors come in at under £300 a pair. Thankfully I have only changed the pads once in my 2years of ownership as they are close to £400 for the 356mm callipers.

In all i always recommmend the ksport and commbined with PF 01 race pads is a marriage made in heaven.

Thanks Keyser and GT4 Zed!

Have guys your run your cars on slicks?

Nope! Slicks are not allowed on the Ring for TF or on any european road! I have always used Michelin pilot sports 2 N1 rubber and been very happy with it grip vs longevity. IF everthing goes to plan i would have race seats and harness for next season with a bit more power to boot and will run with semi slicks - R888.